Suspention Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspention Upgrade

hi I have a pajero np and after a little research, Perth 4WD Show , I am looking at getting the dobinson springs which I like and also the dobinson shocks.
    Question does anyone else have this setup and is it good ?
    Pajero NP exceed, it has dobinson HD springs and shocks (extra 50mm) very nice, 265x70x17 Hancook A/T which are quiet and comfy on the road, Icom uhf, eclipse gps, long range fuel tank, duel battery setup, steel bulbar, tow bar, widow draw system, eva cool fridge freezer dual controls (awesome), electric brake controller, Out Back Bash Plates, air bags for my rear suspension, breathers and a snorkel... the dream sheet has a long list aswell ... when I can afford them

any setup will be better than your aged stock setup. I think lovells springs and lovells or bilstein shocks are the preferred choice according to these forums. I opted for the lovells springs and shocks and for $880 delivered im pretty happy with them.

I think one of the advantages of a more expensive shock absorber is that they can be rebuilt and you can easily source and replace parts for them.

A Paj with 2 inch lift, 33's and breathers is an unstoppable beast
    NM- 33.1's, 2" Lift, Tranny, diff and TC breathers, underbody protection

Comment

Rebuilding shocks is a waste of time IMO. Recently had a Bilstein leaking & making a mess. Put up with it for a while as the handling was not too bad on the highway but eventually got around to doing something about it before going on a trip with known bad corrugations, Peron Peninsular. Well, it was going to cost $185 to repair & $240 for a newbie, the latter being avail. immediately or wait for parts. Not wanting to do another trip into the big smoke my choise was easy.
      MY05 Exceed Di-D Auto, TuneIt chip, Turbo Timer, Aux.Trans cooler, Low Water Alarm, 20" Light bar, Bilsteins, H/D rear springs, B/Stone D697 L/T tyres, TPMS, MCC Alloy Bar,+90Narva H/L globes, Roof Console w/-GME 3340 uhf.Magellen GPS & Hema Hn6,Ark battery box w/-135a/h GEL, 60Lt FridgeMate,100W Solar, Ctec Dc-DC charger, Rola Aero Bars, UpTop Awning, Wheelie Bin, WetSeat covers, Crash cam.
      Towing. '00 Gazal Infinity ATV 18' Caravan.
      http://mefi.us/images/fuelly/smallsig-metric/93405.png

Comment

maybe but I bought the cheap lovells and they don't sell the bushings, you have to get some third party ones and it was an absolute bastard to find. The bushing failure was caused by improper shock installation by myself, but still, its nice to know you can get spares should you require them
        NM- 33.1's, 2" Lift, Tranny, diff and TC breathers, underbody protection

Comment

Originally posted by lukincool View Post
          hi I have a pajero np and after a little research, Perth 4WD Show , I am looking at getting the dobinson springs which I like and also the dobinson shocks.
          Question does anyone else have this setup and is it good ?
          Hiya Lukincool, im new to all the 4wd game and dont know much about lifts and such, but slowly learning. I got an old man emu 2inch lift done a couple of weeks ago and they seem to be pretty awesome. Got them installed at ORE in myaree. Awesome people and great price. Also got a mate to fix me up with a set of 5 Goodyear Wranglers which make the Paj look even better.
          3.8 Ltr V6 Petrol - 2 inch Old Man Emu - Goodyear Wranglers

Comment

Had Dobinsons springs and shocks on an 80 series and some range rover and discos and found them excellent. Slighty firm but really good and on the 80 series they were on it when I bought it and after towing a 24ft van around for 3yrs and some offroading they were still excellent when I sold the veh after 5yrs. Go the Dobinsons. Bob
            98 NL GLS 3500. Now with a Bocar bullbar and 265/75/16 tyres. Waiting for a snorkel and UHF.
            Now with 7" HID

Forget the health food, I need all the preservatives I can get. Alcohol is a preservative isnt it?

Comment

Dobinsons ... so you got talking to Malaga Suspension at the show then ... I think I know why ... didn't they have the girls in the hot pants sitting out front

If you do a search on here there's TONS of info on springs and shocks on here. I've never owned Dobinsons but from what others have said that do own them there doesn't seem to be too many complaints (nothing is perfect). From memory they come in a 40mm or 45mm lift rather than 50mm lift which the Lovells/King springs do. I could be wrong on that. It might not be a big deal to you anyway, but worth knowing before you make the choice.

Dobinsons are a twin tube design I believe so they are an equivalent shocks design to the Lovells. The more expensive shocks (which you might not need) are monotbue design. If you want to read up on it there's plenty of info on here.

By the way, if it is Malaga I know two people who have used them and said they did a good job. One has had two or three sets of shocks done with them.
              2005 NP Platinum 3.2 DID Auto, Lovells HD springs, Bilstein shocks, Firestone Airbags, ARB bar, Warn XD 9000 winch, IPF 900 Xtreme Sport lights, Bushskinz intercooler & sump guards, Outback Accessories rock sliders, GME 3200 UHF, CTEK Dc to Dc Dual Battery system, 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2 tyres, Torque Converter lock-up kit, Safari snorkel, Taipan high performance exhaust, LRA 66lt long range fuel tank.

Comment

Originally posted by e32lover View Post
                any setup will be better than your aged stock setup. I think lovells springs and lovells or bilstein shocks are the preferred choice according to these forums. I opted for the lovells springs and shocks and for $880 delivered im pretty happy with them.

I think one of the advantages of a more expensive shock absorber is that they can be rebuilt and you can easily source and replace parts for them.

A Paj with 2 inch lift, 33's and breathers is an unstoppable beast
                where the heck do u get them so cheap.. i have been looking and its like 1200~1400 so far..
                My Car is up for Sale => Link to Market Place

Has a current Vic roadworthy (valid from the 28/04/2016)

Comment

Originally posted by Easykill1978 View Post
                  where the heck do u get them so cheap.. i have been looking and its like 1200~1400 so far..
                  Here. Free freight to most of the country.

Would like to know if Bushskinz can offer this package as well.
                  Troy
                  04 GLS DID Auto, Bilstein & Lovells 2 inch HD, Bushskinz I/C & Sump Guard, Pielli Scorpion ATR 265/70/R16 P, Pioneer AVH-X3500DAB 2DIN
                  17 NX Exceed, Steel OEM Bar (Gone and not missed)

Comment

thanks
                    My Car is up for Sale => Link to Market Place

Has a current Vic roadworthy (valid from the 28/04/2016)

Comment

My stock springs on my 2002 NM exceed as still super comfortable, even after 240k...

Is this a freak of nature Paj, or will it just be so much better with a lift?

Thanks, Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Easykill1978 View Post
                        I got my lovells set up from 4wd direct delivered for $839.
                        Do a google search for pajero suspension. Thats how i found them.

Comment

Am currently in the process of being set up as a trader on this site with an online hobby business my brother and i have selling the full range of Dobinsons gear. Give us a yell if you are looking for a price as we can often beat the suspension shops.
                          Current vehicles: 1995 3.5l nj Pajero x 2, 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 Jeep Patriot, 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495
                          Currently wrecking nh gls lwb, nh gl pov pack, 2 x nj gls lwb nl lwb, NH glx manual, 92 L300 delica

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X