Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help for 4wd noob

Hi guys..
    I just bought pajero NP few monts ago, a few moment ago I drove in wet condition uphill 70 km/h and seem my car jerk and nearly spin. I enggaged on 2H. Does anyone know about this problem and the solution please
    Cheers
    Ika

2013 NW 3.2 L GLX R : Boo's bash plate, Roley rear plate, ORS Drawer, GME 3110 plug n play, SPV mod, Redarc BCDC 1220IGN, Pioneer platform, 30" LED light bar on roofrack, ARB bullbar

2004 NP ; Dueller 697 ; ARB bullbar ; Uniden 7760 : RFI CD900 ; eagle eyes headlight ; double din Tablet PC DVD ; 7" spotlight ; (SOLD)

Say what?????? Do t really understand what you are talking about?????
    Never argue with an idiot. He might drag you down to his level and then beat you with experience!!

2014 VRX, 3.2tdi, ARB Bull Bar, Awning, uniden uhf, KO2 tyres. Pretty standard, but good enough for me.

Comment

Maybe wheel spin, and traction control kicking in???????????????????
      2015 Subaru Forester 2.5 petrol CVT. (Missus car)
      Just got an NS DID manual (my car) SOLD.
      2014 Subaru Outback diesel, CVT. Mine

Comment

Originally posted by Fatboyslim View Post
        Say what?????? Do t really understand what you are talking about?????
        I drove in wet condition uphill road, suddenly my car jerking and spinning. Do you know the cause...
        Cheers
        Ika

2013 NW 3.2 L GLX R : Boo's bash plate, Roley rear plate, ORS Drawer, GME 3110 plug n play, SPV mod, Redarc BCDC 1220IGN, Pioneer platform, 30" LED light bar on roofrack, ARB bullbar

2004 NP ; Dueller 697 ; ARB bullbar ; Uniden 7760 : RFI CD900 ; eagle eyes headlight ; double din Tablet PC DVD ; 7" spotlight ; (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Johnston View Post
          Maybe wheel spin, and traction control kicking in???????????????????
          Is it because the wet condition??? Do you thing I need to enggaed to 4H on this driving condition?
          Cheers
          Ika

Comment

What do you mean by jerk and spin? Was it your gearbox shuddering or was it something like your tyres losing traction. Did your engine lose revs?
            2018 NX GLS - Stock

2002 NM Exceed 3.5l Auto. Oricom 280 UHF, Full Boar Snorkel, Maxxis 980's. Diff breather kit *still* waiting to be fitted. Heading for the great scrap yard in the sky very soon.

Comment

How wet was the road? As in, was it just wet, or was it raining really heavy and there was a lot of water on the road? What sort of speed were you going? Tyre condition, lots of tread, going bald?
              Cheers,
              Andrew
              Cheers,
              Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
              Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

I couldnt remember whats was happening exactly,
                It was uphill windy road after rain, I run about 60-70 km then it look I lost traction for mili second....
                Cheers
                Ika

Comment

Maybe aquaplaned.
                  Cheers,
                  Andrew.
                  Cheers,
                  Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
                  Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

What model NP is it? I.e does it have stability control?

Given 70km/h on a windy road, it seems like the electronic stability control took over when the car started to slide.
                    If so, this is not a fault, rather it saved you from losing control.

Suggest the solution might be to just slow down a bit.
                    Yes 4H would help in slippery conditions.

I don't think it was the traction control as i've found that when it kicks in, the car loses power for 2-3 seconds, not millisecs as you describe.
                    2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-mate
                    2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too

Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate or lockup-mate now available for Pajero NS+, Triton MN,MQ, Challenger PB,PC, Prado 150

Comment

Originally posted by nayala View Post
                      I couldnt remember whats was happening exactly,
                      It was uphill windy road after rain, I run about 60-70 km then it look I lost traction for mili second....
                      Hi Nayala. Good on you for having a go at the Forum & admitting inexperience with 4WDriving. Driving in wet & windy conditions always increases the risk of losing road grip. Your question is "would 4H help?" in the wet.

Definitely yes. Even with good tyres on good road, you can hit patches of oil, mud, puddles, vegetation, etc that become slippery when wet.

In 2H, 100% power is applied to rear wheels, needing only one wheel to slip to lose most (depending on LSD, etc) propulsion, & leaving only one rear wheel to maintain sideways traction.

In 4H, same power applied, but split 50% between front & back, with only half the chance of losing propulsion or traction.

I especially rely on 4H in the wet for downhill because the same traction needs apply to engine retard & braking. There is less likelyhood for lock-up with effect from any wheel spread to other wheels at all times.

Comment

Thanks for the reply all, I guest the problem was like m n m mentioned....
                        Cheers
                        Ika

Comment

Originally posted by hiedipro View Post
                          Hi Nayala. Good on you for having a go at the Forum & admitting inexperience with 4WDriving. Driving in wet & windy conditions always increases the risk of losing road grip. Your question is "would 4H help?" in the wet.

Definitely yes. Even with good tyres on good road, you can hit patches of oil, mud, puddles, vegetation, etc that become slippery when wet.

In 2H, 100% power is applied to rear wheels, needing only one wheel to slip to lose most (depending on LSD, etc) propulsion, & leaving only one rear wheel to maintain sideways traction.

In 4H, same power applied, but split 50% between front & back, with only half the chance of losing propulsion or traction.

I especially rely on 4H in the wet for downhill because the same traction needs apply to engine retard & braking. There is less likelyhood for lock-up with effect from any wheel spread to other wheels at all times.
                          errr sorry, but for the paj its 67% rear and 33% front in 4h.. still more stability tho..and makes sand driving a breeze

its 4hlc and 4llc that's 50/50 btw.. lol had an argument with a paj owner and me a while back and found that out

4h is good for wet weather and i put mine into 4h every time it rains.. its a 2 tonne beast and well, with physics and all tends to slip and slide easily.... so for my and my family's safety i use 4h in wet conditions.
                          My Car is up for Sale => Link to Market Place

Has a current Vic roadworthy (valid from the 28/04/2016)

Comment

Originally posted by Easykill1978 View Post
                            errr sorry, but for the paj its 67% rear and 33% front in 4h.. still more stability tho..and makes sand driving a breeze

its 4hlc and 4llc that's 50/50 btw.. lol had an argument with a paj owner and me a while back and found that out

4h is good for wet weather and i put mine into 4h every time it rains.. its a 2 tonne beast and well, with physics and all tends to slip and slide easily.... so for my and my family's safety i use 4h in wet conditions.
                            Thanks for clarrifying that for us regulars. But I only want inexperienced drivers to understand the general principles for safety. I wouldn't even bring up diff-locking in main road travel.

Comment

Thanks guys...
                              I always put 4H in wet condition now
                              changed original tyre to dueller 697 and have a good grip in wet condition
                              going for off road soon
                              Cheers
                              Ika

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X