Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed please

Hi all
    i have a 2005 np exceed dads been driving it the last few weeks including this morn all of a sudden the key doesnt turn in any locks including the ignition .
    does this model have some sort of chip or immobalizer that would cause this .
    we have been through everything in the car but cant work it out .
    any help or advise would be greatly appreciated .
    thanks in advance .
    bryce

does the key fit in the barrell of any of these mentioned ? are you using the correct key as allways used ?
    NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

yep its the right key it fits all the barrels .just cant turn it. there doesnt seem to be any damage to the key to cause it either.

Comment

err sounds like the wrong key for the car..

they will fit but not turn..cause you cant reach the right tumblers with the wrong key
        My Car is up for Sale => Link to Market Place

Has a current Vic roadworthy (valid from the 28/04/2016)

Comment

Do you have another key for the car and given it a go? Does the remote work unlocking the doors?
          Cheers,
          Andrew.
          Cheers,
          Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
          Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

You're not trying to get into the wrong Paj in the carpark are you?
            2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

If it wouldn't turn in one barrel, it would be the barrel. If it wont turn in any, it can only be the key.
              MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. My14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

Love from the dime a dozen, lonely army type/weekend warrior dude with a dual cab and all the same shit as everyone else who doesn't know any better. Thanks for the tip Bru.

NX buildhttps://www.pajeroforum.com.au/core/...ive%5B1%5D.gif

My Journeys

Comment

I lost the second key . The remote isn't working now either.
                It is the right car. And the key doesn't turn in any barrel. It was all working fine inc remote . I have taken the key to locksmith and he thinks it's in good cond and should work fine .it is a mystery

Comment

Sure someone's not taking the mickey & changed plates with the same car because I've never heard this before! Has to be the wrong key!

VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
                  NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

It did cross my mind when dad rang and told me of the problem.
                    so i went there this avo and yep its the only black exceed with 285/75/16 and a hacked up winch bar to fit i high mount winch that i know of . its definantly the right car and the right key .mm have never heard of it either so a lock smith is coming tommorow to have a look and try to work it out . i thought if it is common or not someone here might know something. i will keep you all posted as to the result and the fix.
                    thanks all for your input

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X