Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory Suspension

Hi all
    I am looking at upgrading suspension to Lovell / Lovell 50mm lift as others have done, 2002 NM V6
    I cant seem to find post that had hub to guard height measurements
    so i can measure existing to see what sort of sag I have and possible lift increase with new suspension I will get, car is running standard rubber all round and from what i have read am I right reading that cornering / handling on road improves? car has 130000 on clock.

Thanks in advance
    2002 NM V6 3.5

you stock springs are very firm and when you fit the lovells with a 50mm height raise , cornering will not be as good . you will have more body roll etc with the 50mm lift.
    NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

no sure about the NP but in the NS i had less roll better cornering ext after a 40mm lift

Comment

the NM comes with very very firm springs fitted. too firm for a 4 x 4 vehicle.
        NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

Factory Suspension

Originally posted by dolphin View Post
          the NM comes with very very firm springs fitted. too firm for a 4 x 4 vehicle.
          I have to Agree with you buddy, my old NM wasn't too bad at std height before I lifted it 50mm with Kings, now I have the NP std. its Like a Boat! I can't wait to put the New H/D Kings in on Saturday! I'm not changing the shocks due to the lack of funds so its going to be interesting to see how the std. KYBs cope with the extra strength of the springs but I'm sure it won't be too bad.
          NP 05 Platinum Edition, 3.2 DiD Auto, Extra H/D 50mm Kings, Garmin GPS, Waeco 40, Turbo Smart Boost Gauge, Lambwool Covers, Kumo Tyres, Rock Sliders Pending, Surrey Downs Adelaide Sth Aust.

Comment

yeah, as long as you stay with the same height the kyb struts should be fine with the better springs.

Comment

Fac Sus

Originally posted by dolphin View Post
              yeah, as long as you stay with the same height the kyb struts should be fine with the better springs.
              Heck No! She's going up 50mm also! If It's too horrible I'll put New H/D shocks in later but I don't expect it to be undrivable as I had the same setup in the NM with Great Results albeit they were New KYBs. I had very little body roll in the NM Raised but I expect to have some now with old shocks.
              NP 05 Platinum Edition, 3.2 DiD Auto, Extra H/D 50mm Kings, Garmin GPS, Waeco 40, Turbo Smart Boost Gauge, Lambwool Covers, Kumo Tyres, Rock Sliders Pending, Surrey Downs Adelaide Sth Aust.

Comment

i feel if the stock struts are to be extended in height range by 50mm there is going to be an issue . maybe the stock strut should be measured for travell distance with the stock springs fitted as you do need extra travell when the vehicle is say airbourne going over a jump so to speak without the strut being fully expanded where no travell is left . so to cut this story short; the strut is used to its factory height and when it is stretched another 50mm its not going to be happy [ seals etc ] its safer to go down a max of 50mm with stock struts but just not sure about going up the 50.

Comment

Kings H/D plus KYBs

50mm H/D Raised from Standard Height is what I had on the old NM for 4 years and 80,000km with now problems at all, including towing a 17.5' Coromal 545 Off Road Tandam Pop Top plus some very rough unsealed roads like The Flinders, Kangaroo Island, Streaky Bay, Broken Hill, etc, etc. And that is with New Standard Factory KYB shocks. Absolutely Brilliant Setup, that why I'm going that way again.

Comment

The stock struts work fine with a 50mm lift. In fact the Bilstiens/lovells/Konis etc are all the same length as the standard. From my research no-one makes an extended length shock for Pajeros.
                    Cheers, John.
                    LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
                    Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

Thanks for that mate.

Comment

Just a comment. When raising the vehicle 50mm it only needs 25mm of either a longer/firmer spring or a 25mm spring spacer (Its geometry according to the design of the independant suspension). The shocks limit the wheel travel and will not be extended further.
                        I have the original shocks with OME springs in the back and 30mm spacers in the front with no problems till now.
                        2001 NM Pajero GLS 3.5 Auto LWB,
                        2" lifted through spacers in the front & OME springs in the rear

Comment

Ironman

I used 30mm spring spacers for a while in the stocks and they were great. Then after saving the money changer the front to ironman 40mm lift and foam shocks.
                          Now the pajero is like a damn boat. The body roll is amazing on road. But after a days driving on dirt i can live with the body roll. After all its not a supercar

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X