New exhaust system, Worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New exhaust system, Worth it?

Looking at getting the exhaust modified from just after the cat. It looks like 2 & 1/2 inch from extractors to the back of the cat, then reduces back to 2 & 1/4 into 2 mufflers.
    Looking at cutting pipe just after cat and getting new exhaust and pipe so is 2 & 1/2 all the way through. Depending on loudness, not sure if the second muffler will go back on.

My question is, is it worth the money? Been quoted approx 400 to 500 bucks
    2000 NM Pajero GLS, ECB Bullbar, Sidesteps, Spotties, Goodyear Wranglers, Pro Rack Racks, Ebay Snorkel, K & N Air Filter, ebay awning, ebay bash plates, extractors with 2 & 1/2 system, uhf (to be fitted)

Sounds Super Cheap?, but be careful as some systems can Sound Terrible, so expect to put on another muffler if it does, I was quoted well over a Grand for a similar system.
    NP 05 Platinum Edition, 3.2 DiD Auto, Extra H/D 50mm Kings, Garmin GPS, Waeco 40, Turbo Smart Boost Gauge, Lambwool Covers, Kumo Tyres, Rock Sliders Pending, Surrey Downs Adelaide Sth Aust.

Comment

Some info for you http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=26729
      02 NM 3.5v6 auto Exceed, seq gas inj,265/75/16 Wild Peaks,16x8 Ballistic alloys, 2.5" cat back, wild cat headers, Lovells HD/TJM Gold Series,30mm coil spacers in rear, dual batt, TJM/bushskinz, 4x4 equip axe & shovel holder, rev cam, 50L Waeco, Megapulse, poly airs, Safari snorkel, K&N, MM alloy b/bar, Roo Lite's, 21" light bar,remote mount UHF, extended breathers, ARB comp, Maxtrax, RTT, Batwing awning & much more!

my videos http://www.youtube.com/user/michealmannion?feature=mhee

Comment

Hi There I have a sports system fitted and the new cat failed after 10 days so they removed it and it has made a big difference to the fuel I am down to 12/100 towing a fully loaded camper on the way to Fraser for 8 days and the car loaded as well so with extractors and sports system it is well worth it but it is pretty loud Sounds like a v-8 and it does turn heads when you give it a boot full It cost about $450 from extractors back If you want hear it im just off the logan motorway
        2006 NP Snorkel Bullbar More goodies come 2001 NM full of goodies

Comment

budgie did you also remove the mid muffler, or are you running extractors, mid muffler and rear muffler but no cat?

Would love to do extractors, cat delete with just a single rear muffler, wouldn't even need fat pipes
          NM- 33.1's, 2" Lift, Tranny, diff and TC breathers, underbody protection

Comment

I did a high end kitchen for a guy who owns a muffler shop. He is gonna do it for what it costs.
            They gonna try it first with just one muffler and see how loud. They gonna leave room at back to put a small 2nd if need be.
            2000 NM Pajero GLS, ECB Bullbar, Sidesteps, Spotties, Goodyear Wranglers, Pro Rack Racks, Ebay Snorkel, K & N Air Filter, ebay awning, ebay bash plates, extractors with 2 & 1/2 system, uhf (to be fitted)

Comment

im having trouble finding any off the shelf systems for the pajero on the internet. Anyone got a link?
              2005 NP GLX Pajero 3.8L 5sp auto 198,000km

Comment

Got work done today, sounds good not to loud. Bit of extra go as well.
                Hope it gives the economy looking for

Comment

running extractors ,mid muffler and a small muffler in the rear and sound really good
                  2006 NP Snorkel Bullbar More goodies come 2001 NM full of goodies

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X