MY CD Light Flashing Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY CD Light Flashing Issue

Yep, like a number of others my centre diff (CD) light has started to flash.

I'll be driving along the freeway in two wheel drive for about 25km and all of a sudden the CD light starts to flash and all other green lights go out.

If I stop and start the car it resets for about another 25kms.

When the car is stationary with only the two rear green lights illuminated I can hear and feel the solenoids under the air filter operating when I change from 2wd to 4WH.

When the CD is flashing I can pull to the side of the road and change between 2wd and 4wh and the solenoids do nothing. Turn the car off and back on again and the solenoids work and I can change between 2wd and 4wh.

I've read the other threads relating to this and the possible causes but I'm wanting to know in which order should I try solutions?

Any help would be very much appreciated.
    Last edited by cds70; 14-11-13, 06:49 PM.

Solenoids first up would be first on my list. The solenoid might work but fails after a short period.
    When lights go out and cd light comes on you are effectively locked in limp mode to protect the driveline from damage. Have to turn the car off for a second or two then back on again to clear it and to be able to shift the transfer lever again.
    97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
    97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

Had the flashing light problem. Was fixed by replacing the rear 4wd speed sensor.
      2000 NM Pajero GLS, ECB Bullbar, Sidesteps, Spotties, Goodyear Wranglers, Pro Rack Racks, Ebay Snorkel, K & N Air Filter, ebay awning, ebay bash plates, extractors with 2 & 1/2 system, uhf (to be fitted)

Comment

Ok. Where is that located and whats it worth?

Comment

I took mine to a Mitsu service centre while the light was flashing and they told me the error code which helped a lot!!

It did cost me to get the part changed, I am not that mechanically minded, but if I went with my gut feeling and changed what I thought it was I would have wasted money So to me if you can get a computer onto it and read the error I highly recommend it.
          2002 NM GLS
          Green, safari snorkel, arb bull bar, ipf spotties, black widow draws and cargo barrier, dual battery setup, arb air compressor and front locker, old man emu lift, warn winch, bluetooth handsfree kit, LED interior lighting, recovery kit - BF Goodrich M/T KM2 and some Bushskinz sliders!Petrol, Maunal

Comment

have you had any work done on the motor? like just before this started happening?

check all the hose's coming from the solenoids - when i had my problem i found 1 of them to have been not put back properly and i was getting the same flashing light.
            03 NP Pajero 3.5L

Comment

Originally posted by Drabz86 View Post
              have you had any work done on the motor? like just before this started happening?

check all the hose's coming from the solenoids - when i had my problem i found 1 of them to have been not put back properly and i was getting the same flashing light.
              You da man............

I had checked everything however after reading your post I went and checked again for the 5th time and wouldn't you know it a small vacuum line was off at the back of the intake.

Put it back on and took it for a good test driver and all looks good now.

I feel like such a rookie!

Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by cds70 View Post
                You da man............

I had checked everything however after reading your post I went and checked again for the 5th time and wouldn't you know it a small vacuum line was off at the back of the intake.

Put it back on and took it for a good test driver and all looks good now.

I feel like such a rookie!

Thanks guys.
                I had exactly the same problem/solution. Cost me $120 at a Canberra dealer! All good apart from the tranny exploding to bits a few ks later. $6K rebuild and fingers crossed for the future.

Comment

sweet glad its all going - i spent weeks on trying to sort mine then was prompted by another user here to check where all tubes go - and i found my one the goes to the back of the manafold just swinging in the breze.
                  03 NP Pajero 3.5L

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X