Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition leads

Hi all,

I am planning to change my spark plugs n leads, my question is does everyone just change the 3 spark plug leads and leave the direct ignition leads attached to the coil pack or can u buy the direct ignition leads without the coil pack? Just changing the 3 spark plug leads seems to be half a job??? I cant seem to find just direct ignition leads, I have a 3.8l Np.

Thanks Richard
    NP 3.8L V6 2004, Uniden Uhf, Electronic rust protection, ARB winch bar, Lightforce 240 blitz, Tigerz Grande winch with Dyneema rope, Snorkel,Bushskinz Underbody protection, Maxxis 771's, Ultimate Suspension 2" lift with airbagsTug for a GIC Offload camper

NG 3ltr V6 Fully rebuilt, 2" body lift, ARB roofcage now retired!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/130700381652
    2005 NP GLX Pajero 3.8L 5sp auto 198,000km

Comment

Thanks for the link, i did see those. What about the other 3 direct plug leads under the coil packs? I did find a set for the 3.5 that included the coil pack $800!. But can u get the 3 without the coil pack?
      Cherrs Richard
      NP 3.8L V6 2004, Uniden Uhf, Electronic rust protection, ARB winch bar, Lightforce 240 blitz, Tigerz Grande winch with Dyneema rope, Snorkel,Bushskinz Underbody protection, Maxxis 771's, Ultimate Suspension 2" lift with airbagsTug for a GIC Offload camper

Comment

sorry mate i didnt read your post properly, i have no idea about the other leads. Doesnt really look like a servicable item
        2005 NP GLX Pajero 3.8L 5sp auto 198,000km

Comment

here

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MITSUBISH...64a8057&_uhb=1

or http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-GENUI...45f144f&_uhb=1

tho you only need to replace them if they are faulty,

easy way to check..

if motor is missfiring..

start motor, unplug one lead if engine goes rougher, reinsert move onto next.

then remove screw from pack, remove the pack, if it gets rougher reinstert pack and move onto the next one.

keep going, the one that is failed/failing the engine will not get rougher in idling.
          My Car is up for Sale => Link to Market Place

Has a current Vic roadworthy (valid from the 28/04/2016)

Comment

thanks easykill, that's pretty much same price as autopro quoted me. I'm sure there not stuffed, wanted to change spark plugs n leads coz im not sure when they were done last. So ill prob do the other 3 longer leads and all the spark plugs.
            cheers

Comment

Originally posted by 91Tourer View Post
              thanks easykill, that's pretty much same price as autopro quoted me. I'm sure there not stuffed, wanted to change spark plugs n leads coz im not sure when they were done last. So ill prob do the other 3 longer leads and all the spark plugs.
              cheers
              best not too imo...

reason, well when they start to fail you can then replace the lot and not worry about it.. if it aint broke, leave it
              My Car is up for Sale => Link to Market Place

Has a current Vic roadworthy (valid from the 28/04/2016)

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X