Exhaust extractors V6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust extractors V6

Hi, looking for advice... We have a cracked L/H exhaust manifold that has been welded already but leaking again. I am thinking of fitting headers/ extractors and was wanting to know if it's worth doing. We tow a caravan with our car (NP V6).
    Thanks Tom

you will definetly gain some torque etc with extractor / headers fitted and even more so if you fit a new high flow catalic convertor as you never know your existing cat could be partially blocked now. so my answer to your question is Yes do so.
    NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

Originally posted by dolphin View Post
      you will definetly gain some torque etc with extractor / headers fitted and even more so if you fit a new high flow catalic convertor as you never know your existing cat could be partially blocked now. so my answer to your question is Yes do so.
      x2. I have recently fitted extractors to my NM and it made a notivable improvement in either power/torque or economy.... depending on the way I drive New cat converter on the way.

Well worth it.
      Cheers, Bundy.

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be fitted: ARB 2.5 x 2.1 awning.

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...

Comment

I fitted extractors to my 3.5L NL (basically the same engine) and noticed very little difference.

The extractors were fitted as both (L & R) factory cast manifolds had cracked and I though that there was no point fitting 2nd hand manifolds which whould also probably crack in the future (maybe next week or next year?). New factory manifolds are dearer that extractors!
        Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

We also had extractors fitted to our NP 3.8, same problem, cracked LH manifold.

There is a small but noticeable improvement in performance and about 1-1.5 l/100 better economy.

Comment

check that your NP isnt one of the last ones with the 3 cats. Extractors will delete cats and bring up an engine warning light
            2005 NP GLX Pajero 3.8L 5sp auto 198,000km

Comment

thanks for all this info - was coming to the conclusion that extractors are the way to go on my 3.5. sick of the annoying noie from l/h manifold on acceleration!!
              Any idea on approx. costs to fit extractors would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks guys

Tom

Comment

ebay $430 delivered, then allow for 1.5-2hrs labour to fit
                2005 NP GLX Pajero 3.8L 5sp auto 198,000km

Comment

Originally posted by Tomandbec View Post
                  thanks for all this info - was coming to the conclusion that extractors are the way to go on my 3.5. sick of the annoying noie from l/h manifold on acceleration!!
                  Any idea on approx. costs to fit extractors would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks guys

Tom
                  Mine were $790 supply and fit.
                  Cheers, Bundy.

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be fitted: ARB 2.5 x 2.1 awning.

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...

Comment

We paid $529 for for pacemakers, and $220 to have them fitted by our mechanic.

Comment

Thank a bunch guys - I will get it sorted asap

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X