Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure if this is a good deal???

Hi Guys, First time posting!

Looking at getting a Paj as the old man had several back in the day. Looking at an 04 21st anniversery GLS 3.8lt Petrol at the moment but not sure if the 3.8 is the right course to take.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d.../?Cr=3&sdmvc=1

I am keen to get a unit with low klms which this one has but to go for a DiD i need to look for something with much more on the clock.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Cheers

looks good to me , i'd pick the 3.8 over a troublesome expensive dog of a diesel engine anyday.
    take it for a spin and you'll fall in love .

Comment

Originally posted by Pajataj View Post
      Hi Guys, First time posting!

Looking at getting a Paj as the old man had several back in the day. Looking at an 04 21st anniversery GLS 3.8lt Petrol at the moment but not sure if the 3.8 is the right course to take.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d.../?Cr=3&sdmvc=1

I am keen to get a unit with low klms which this one has but to go for a DiD i need to look for something with much more on the clock.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Cheers
      I looked at this one and it is very very clean
      http://www.tradingpost.com.au/Automo...D4584502629012
      Could have got it for 15.5k drive away.
      Good Luck
      Loving the PAJ
      |04 NP DiD GLS|Manual|ARB Bullbar|Lightforce lights|Dual Batteries|Snorkel|

Comment

Looks pretty good to me. The description says its had its timing belt and water pump just done, which is a good thing because that can be a little pricey. Good for another 100k km. I reckon if you could get them down to $13,500 you'd be getting a pretty good deal

Welcome to the forum.

Originally posted by GC007 View Post
        I looked at this one and it is very very clean
        http://www.tradingpost.com.au/Automo...D4584502629012
        Could have got it for 15.5k drive away.
        Good Luck
        At nearly 260k km it might be concidered a bit high on the km side of things for the OP.
        Cheers, Bundy.

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be fitted: ARB 2.5 x 2.1 awning.

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...

Comment

Originally posted by Bundyk View Post
          Looks pretty good to me. The description says its had its timing belt and water pump just done, which is a good thing because that can be a little pricey. Good for another 100k km. I reckon if you could get them down to $13,500 you'd be getting a pretty good deal

Welcome to the forum.

At nearly 260k km it might be concidered a bit high on the km side of things for the OP.
          True, but reality is you may have to look at something with a lot more k's on the clock for a diesel option or be prepared to pay a lot more.
          Loving the PAJ
          |04 NP DiD GLS|Manual|ARB Bullbar|Lightforce lights|Dual Batteries|Snorkel|

Comment

Diesel Forever

Thats "The Thing", 200k Diesel = 100k Petrol, so a 200k Petrol is the same as 400k Diesel. Its all about the Low Revs and Strength of the Diesel that makes them not wear out so fast, as long as you Service them correctly which is Not that Expensive really Diesels will last Much Longer. This is my first diesel after owing a NM lpg, I'll Never go back to petrol or Lpg.
            NP 05 Platinum Edition, 3.2 DiD Auto, Extra H/D 50mm Kings, Garmin GPS, Waeco 40, Turbo Smart Boost Gauge, Lambwool Covers, Kumo Tyres, Rock Sliders Pending, Surrey Downs Adelaide Sth Aust.

Comment

If your happy to look around you'll find a good deal on a diesel. I got a 180k NM GLX with the DiD for under 12K after keeping an eye out for about 4 months.

Heres one for 8.5K at 240k and its an exceed.
              http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2000-NM-P...be3f4a8&_uhb=1

The diesels are generally pretty good in terms of reliability, mines running like new at close to 200,000 now

Comment

Originally posted by pajflareo View Post
                If your happy to look around you'll find a good deal on a diesel. I got a 180k NM GLX with the DiD for under 12K after keeping an eye out for about 4 months.

The diesels are generally pretty good in terms of reliability, mines running like new at close to 200,000 now
                That's a Great Buy if it don't go too high in the price, it's a bit of a roughy so about 10 -12k is plenty. Nice car as it is but the seats will be too expensive to replace/repair so put lambs wool covers on them and it will feel like a new one! Check Service Books also.
                NP 05 Platinum Edition, 3.2 DiD Auto, Extra H/D 50mm Kings, Garmin GPS, Waeco 40, Turbo Smart Boost Gauge, Lambwool Covers, Kumo Tyres, Rock Sliders Pending, Surrey Downs Adelaide Sth Aust.

Comment

Originally posted by pajflareo View Post

That one seems a bit suss to me. It is listed as a GLS/Exceed, it seems to have some Exceed options & not others. E.g. Leather interior & chrome rear light surrounds but no fog lights or headlight washers.

The most suss part though is the 3.2 Di-D. I thought this wasn't available until Aug '02?

I know it's in slightly rough condition but why so cheap?

Cheers,
                  Lance
                  '02 NM GLS Man Di-D, 40mm Lift, EFS Coils, HD Front, SD & Polyairs in Rear, EFS Elite Struts & Shocks, Bushskinz Intecooler & Sump Guard, ARB Awning, Rhino 2500 Multi Fit Aero Bars.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen3 View Post
                    looks good to me , i'd pick the 3.8 over a troublesome expensive dog of a diesel engine anyday.
                    Dog of a diesel? The 3.2 about as bullet proof as you can make a motor. And its got the built in feature of being noisy as buggery so you know when its running or when its stalled.
                    04 NP DiD
                    Dobinsons shocks and spring - 2" lift with full bush kit, 285/75R16 KO3 BF Goodrich Muddies, IPF 900 Lights, 42" LED lightbar, Snorkel, DIY 3/4 Roof Rack, Milford Cargo Barrier, Single Mass Flywheel Clutch Conversion, using Samsung Galaxy 10 as my GPS device, OziExplorer for Android, wikicamps app to find all the good camp sites. My Travel Blog . My Photography Site . Expedition 4LowDrive

Comment

Originally posted by LVB View Post
                      That one seems a bit suss to me. It is listed as a GLS/Exceed, it seems to have some Exceed options & not others. E.g. Leather interior & chrome rear light surrounds but no fog lights or headlight washers.

The most suss part though is the 3.2 Di-D. I thought this wasn't available until Aug '02?

I know it's in slightly rough condition but why so cheap?

Cheers,
                      Lance
                      His previous ad stated it was an early DiD introduced as a demo vehicle for the new engine for press releases etc

Comment

Originally posted by hobbo View Post
                        Thats "The Thing", 200k Diesel = 100k Petrol, so a 200k Petrol is the same as 400k Diesel. Its all about the Low Revs and Strength of the Diesel that makes them not wear out so fast, as long as you Service them correctly which is Not that Expensive really Diesels will last Much Longer. This is my first diesel after owing a NM lpg, I'll Never go back to petrol or Lpg.
                        Not really, the V6 is a prety reliable unit, there are examples aout there with plenty of km on them and have never had a drama. Then ther is the concideration of the rest the vehicle. A high km vehicle still has high km's on it, regardless of engine, and other stuff will wear out eg driveline etc.

Dont forget, in this age of high pressure direct injection and common rail diesel engines, they dont last as long as they used to. Components like injectors and injector pumps arent particularly cheap (ask the owners of a Toyota 3.0 D4D) and only have a limited life. The days of ultra high km engines that need little more than standard maintenance are disappearing.
                        Cheers, Bundy.

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be fitted: ARB 2.5 x 2.1 awning.

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...

Comment

Originally posted by Gen3 View Post
                          And how many 3.2 diesels have you owned?
                          That would have to be the least informed and arogant answer ive seen re diesel motors.
                          I wouldnt own a pajero petrol simply because of the fuel eco.
                          Cost a lot to run a petrol on a big car. Also the diesel better for towing.
                          Looked after diesel will also outlast any petrol by many many kms.

What a dumb thing to say.

Comment

let's keep our opinions civil each to their own..

In saying that my dog of a diesel has done 240 thou drives like new & I love that car !
                            VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
                            NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thanks for everyone's feedback! I just went and had a look and it was a little sus...

There were big gaps in the service log and he couldn't produce any evidence or paper work/receipts that the timing belt had been changed or the water pump for that matter. Driver side door handle was badly worn also so the warning bells were going off and decided to leave it alone!

Thanks again for all the support guys, really enjoying reading all the other posts!

Cheers

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X