Maxxis AT-771's - Good or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxxis AT-771's - Good or not?

Its time to change the tyres and I have heard good things about the Maxxis AT-771

Anyone tried them? Good or not

thanks

Peter
    03 NP GLS DID
    2 inch lift, Rhino Bars, Bull Bar, Tow Bar, Hella Driving ligths, Maxxis AT-771s tyres, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery, DIY shelving

Short answer: got 'em and love 'em.

Long answer: they are wearing well. Mine have done around 20k km by now and still have heaps of tread. The grip is good on and off road,wet or dry, they haven't let me down yet. They are pretty quiet, only a slight hum. The radio even at low volume drowns it out. More than happy to recommend them. I replaced a set of D694's with these and IMO these are better tyre. Good price too.

EDIT: In addition, I think these come on a passenger construction as well as light truck. Go for the light truck ones.
    Cheers, Bundy.

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be fitted: ARB 2.5 x 2.1 awning.

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...

Comment

Done 44K, all good, better than BFG A/T they replaced, especially on road grip in wet and noise, done Simpson and inland tracks at low pressures, no punctures, LT version, almost 1/2 price of BFGs
      2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.

Comment

X3. Got 'em. Love 'em!
        Cheers, John.
        LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
        Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

I have the Maxxis 751's so if the 771's perform like the 751's you will have a great product. I achieved 80 thousand out of my first set and have done 61 thousand on the current set. At $189 each, great value compared to other so called up market brands.

Matelot
          2004 NP 21st Anniversary 3.2 DID

Comment

Thanks for the positive feedback. Sounds like the way to go!
            Peter
            03 NP GLS DID
            2 inch lift, Rhino Bars, Bull Bar, Tow Bar, Hella Driving ligths, Maxxis AT-771s tyres, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery, DIY shelving

Comment

I haven't heard anyone speak a bad word about the maxxis. In fact, owing to this I put 770's on the CT. I suspect the compound is a bit on the hard side, noticed the tread suffered a bit on the gravel. Same as the BFG.
              MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. My14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

Love from the dime a dozen, lonely army type/weekend warrior dude with a dual cab and all the same shit as everyone else who doesn't know any better. Thanks for the tip Bru.

NX buildhttps://www.pajeroforum.com.au/core/...ive%5B1%5D.gif

My Journeys

Comment

I run the 771 LT construction also and i feel very confidant running them off and on road, they are wearing well and (combined with bendix pads) have had to pull me up pretty quick in the wet. Haven't used them in any serious mud yet.

Cheers, Jim.
                99 nl gls 3.5l auto full leather & woodgrain trim, leather seats, ABS, chrome rear bumper and mirrors, split aircon, standard 50mm factory body lift, dual airbags and 277,000 km on clock, tranny and engine oil coolers. NEW: Reconditioned heads, new camshafts, new radiator, new water pump, New timing belt and tensioner. Brand new set of LT 265/70/16 Maxxis Bravo 771 AT. NG 3.0 Litre 5 spd man superwagon as project. Now registered and on the dirt. NEEDED: MORE MONEY!

Comment

Haven't run a set of these, but everyone I've spoken to that has, has nothing but praise for them. And for the price, you can't really go wrong.
                  '02 NM GLX 3.2 DiD Manual
                  Bullbar, 2'' Ultimate Suspension, Cooper AT3's, Spotties.

Comment

Yup, had a set and was very pleased with them. Very capable off road, good wear, quiet (for an AT) and amazingly well priced.
                    2005 NP Platinum 3.2 DID Auto, Lovells HD springs, Bilstein shocks, Firestone Airbags, ARB bar, Warn XD 9000 winch, IPF 900 Xtreme Sport lights, Bushskinz intercooler & sump guards, Outback Accessories rock sliders, GME 3200 UHF, CTEK Dc to Dc Dual Battery system, 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2 tyres, Torque Converter lock-up kit, Safari snorkel, Taipan high performance exhaust, LRA 66lt long range fuel tank.

Comment

What everybody said. Ditto.

Get them when on special for $200 a corner. Call different Bob Janes you will have different prices. Only drawback compared to my previous HT, it's louder. If you pay attention, you will hear a hum. It is a low frequency noise but being an AT tyre I guess it's normal so comparing HT with AT is unfair.

In short go ahead. Best bang for bucks!
                      NP MY05 DiD

Comment

Just been quoted $185 for a set of 5 fitted/balanced! Sounds good.
                        03 NP GLS DID

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
                          Just been quoted $185 for a set of 5 fitted/balanced! Sounds good.
                          16's?
                          2013 MY14 Pajero GLX-R | 265/70R17 General Grabber AT2, ARB Deluxe Bar with Lightforce XGT HID's, 144w CREE Lightbar, Hayman Reese Towpack, TJM Dual Battery Tray, Traxide USI-160, Engel 42L, Alinco DR-620 VHF/UHF|

2012 MY12 Triton GLX | 245/75R16 Mickey Thompson STZ, ARB Deluxe Bar with Brush bar/side step combo and IPF Spotties, Steel Tray, Mitsubishi Towpack, Safari Snorkel, GME 80ch UHF |

The above post is my own personal view and not that of my employer.

Comment

Got a set on my Paj and can't fault them, had no problems in the clay, mud or rocks. Quiet enough on the road too.
                            NP MY04 Auto 3.2 DID 21st Anniversary -ARB Deluxe Winch Bar, Smittybilt X20 10,000lb Winch, Airtech Snorkel, Bilstein & Lovells HD 50mm Raised Front and Rear, GME TX3345 UHF & AE4702B Aerial, Phillips X-Treme Vision Headlights, Lightforce 240 XGT's, Bushskinz Intercooler & Sump Guards, Maxxis 771 AT LT 265/70 R16's, Rhino Heavy Duty Roof Racks & Shovel Holder, Foxwing Awning, Stienbauer Performance Chip, EGR System Removed & Blanked, Goodsy's Power Window Mod.

Comment

Originally posted by treads View Post
                              16's?
                              Yep, 265/70R 16
                              03 NP GLS DID

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X