Battery Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Help

I Have a NM pajero with the v6 petrol and was wanting to know the biggest battery someone has installed in place of the factory battery i am camping over christmas and need a bit more power but i will have to wait till the new year before i can install the duel battery system as i am doing a 50mm lift in the next few weeks
    2001 NM Pajero 3.5l, 50mm lovell lift kit

For less cost than an N70 battery, why not get a solar setup?
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. My14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

Love from the dime a dozen, lonely army type/weekend warrior dude with a dual cab and all the same shit as everyone else who doesn't know any better. Thanks for the tip Bru.

NX buildhttps://www.pajeroforum.com.au/core/...ive%5B1%5D.gif

My Journeys

Comment

If it's anything like my NT, then the largest physical size would be around the size of the Century N70ZZ4wd. This has a CCA rating of 760A, and reserve capacity (RC) of 185 minutes.

A fellow forumite recently mentioned the Full River HC (High Cranking) range of AGM batteries. The HC100 has similar physical dimensions (compared to N70ZZ4wd), CCA rating of 965A, RC of 205 minutes and a 100Ah C20 rate (can't find an equivalent figure for the N70ZZ4wd).

I recently bought the Century, because I needed a battery in a hurry (on a Saturday), and found one at an excellent price - I was hoping to price the HC100, but the retailer wasn't open on a Saturday.

Next time, I'll look more closely at alternatives.
      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Only problem with that is the specs state upper operating temperature of 50 Degs. That counts out under bonnet usage.
        MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. My14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

Love from the dime a dozen, lonely army type/weekend warrior dude with a dual cab and all the same shit as everyone else who doesn't know any better. Thanks for the tip Bru.

My Journeys

Comment

I had thought about that but most of our camping is done around/under trees and would limit the panels performance plus the cheapest 120w panel which puts out only about 6 amps per hour is $150 on ebay a nz70 is about $220

Comment

As I said, its a cheaper option and arguably more reliable than just a bigger battery.

Whilst you camp in the shade, you move your panels into the sun.

My Journeys

Comment

Are you needing the power from battery to operate lights etc ? or are you worried about the battery going flat and not being able to start the car ?
              One good battery is all you will have once its flat you will have to sit and wait.
              Solar panel will charge your battery wile you wait or a second battery will have you going straight away.
              How remote is the camping spot ?
              Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
              New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

Comment

Originally posted by my.paj View Post
                A
                Solar panel will charge your battery wile you wait or a second battery will have you going straight away.
                A 120W panel in good conditions will keep all but the most power hungry campers fully charged. As I proved again a couple of weeks ago on a 4 day stint. No waiting needed. At the end of every day, bats were in float charge and that's running a fridge consuming 4 times the power of a 40L engel.

My Journeys

Comment

I agree with you, I'm just thinking if all go's wrong I would want a solar panel or a second battery, the only time I went without both was with jumper leads and another car.
                  Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
                  New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

Comment

I will be camping for about 9 days up the top of fraser island on the beach, there is no power,water,toilets my last truck was a ford ranger with duel batteries and never had any trouble with power for 2 fridges one set on freeze and one on fridge and lights i do like the idea of solar panels but for tried and tested reliability

Comment

thanks for everyones input

Comment

Solar panel

We just got back from 2 yrs trav oz
                        Had 240 watt panels ran 2 40 Engels one as a feezer
                        Regards roy

Comment

To answer your question, an NM V6 will take an NZ70 in the factory tray. I successfully ran a single battery when I had our NM V6 including running the fridge but it was driven every two days. Run duals in the NP DID now plus solar for extended ski trips plonked on the side of a dam.
                          16 Mitsu NX Pajero GLX
                          10 Ford LV Focus ST / XR5

Comment

Originally posted by psproule View Post
                            To answer your question, an NM V6 will take an NZ70 in the factory tray. I successfully ran a single battery when I had our NM V6 including running the fridge but it was driven every two days. Run duals in the NP DID now plus solar for extended ski trips plonked on the side of a dam.
                            thanks psproule for the reply i was thinking that an NS70 would fit but wasnt sure

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X