Trust it or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trust it or not

The dreaded temp gauge drama today. Gave the radiata a good flush and added new coolant.
    Still goes hot and cold. Looked electrical so replaced both water temp sendors. Still gets up to high before settling back to normal after a few minutes. Obviously still not working as it should. Only 2 things left is thermostat and gauge itself.
    Should I trust its gonna work and maybe settle or should I replace the themostat for peace of mind?
    Dont know what else to try?
    2000 NM Pajero GLS, ECB Bullbar, Sidesteps, Spotties, Goodyear Wranglers, Pro Rack Racks, Ebay Snorkel, K & N Air Filter, ebay awning, ebay bash plates, extractors with 2 & 1/2 system, uhf (to be fitted)

Originally posted by dmr292 View Post
    The dreaded temp gauge drama today. Gave the radiata a good flush and added new coolant.
    Still goes hot and cold. Looked electrical so replaced both water temp sendors. Still gets up to high before settling back to normal after a few minutes. Obviously still not working as it should. Only 2 things left is thermostat and gauge itself.
    Should I trust its gonna work and maybe settle or should I replace the themostat for peace of mind?
    Dont know what else to try?

common problem, its the r10 resister...

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ght=temp+gauge

rubbers post, a soldering iron and 30min of your time.
    My Car is up for Sale => Link to Market Place

Has a current Vic roadworthy (valid from the 28/04/2016)

Comment

If its going hot and cold erratically then it will be electrical (instrument PCB R10). Next time the gauge goes up, (pull over) turn the car off then turn the key back to on. If the gauge is giving the same reading, possibly the gauge is right and you have an issue somewhere else. If it gives a completely different reading (which I suspect it will) then you need to resolder resistor R10.
      Cheers, Bundy.

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be fitted: ARB 2.5 x 2.1 awning.

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...

Comment

As above.

Or, if it's gradually getting hot when going slowly up hills, and maybe the temp drops if you drive fast downhill or raise revs while stationary, then it's a cooling system issue.
        Adelaide
        2004 NP Exceed 3.8 V6, SVI LPG, Factory alloy bar and sunroof, 55w HID converted IPF spots, Safari Snorkel, custom rear storage/fold out sleeping platform, Alpine iLX-007E Apple CarPlay head unit & reverse cam

Comment

and if its gradually overheating, you can smell it in the cabin.. god awefull smell, hate it soo much..

essentially when its overheating a little or getting near it, it begins to push the excess fluid into the reservoir.. which in turn pushes fumes etc out its breather hose...and let me tell you it stinks.
          My Car is up for Sale => Link to Market Place

Has a current Vic roadworthy (valid from the 28/04/2016)

Comment

Big thanks guys
            I aint very mechanically minded and struggle to do some things. I was really worried about this problem.
            After reading the links and particularly the South African post with how to instructions I had been thinking about doing it myself. After pondering overnight the pro's and cons I thought how hard can it be if most of you took only 30 minutes to fix.
            So, I got the cluster out alot easier than I thought. Pulled the back white box off with ease as well. Took it around to a mates place to solder it, put it back in exactly as they said and took for a drive. Speedo work's, temp problems fixed.
            Thanks again guys
            2000 NM Pajero GLS, ECB Bullbar, Sidesteps, Spotties, Goodyear Wranglers, Pro Rack Racks, Ebay Snorkel, K & N Air Filter, ebay awning, ebay bash plates, extractors with 2 & 1/2 system, uhf (to be fitted)

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X