Bullbar mod/fab question,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullbar mod/fab question,

Ok, The question of bullbars etc has come up a few times in the last few days on the forum and I've always had this nagging thought about them and the NP Pajero.

The 4wd super duper stores/chinese importers all carry Nissan/Toyota bars for not much moneys but nothing for the Pajero of course.

Has anyone seen or heard of modifying these bars to mount up to the Pajero front end? I guess the mounting isn't the drama (brackets can easily be fabbed up), but rather the shape of the bars, the width,the way they sit against the side panels, the gaps inbetween the original panels and the bar?

Most of us seem to be handy with the tools, so I just wonder, has anyone gone down this road yet?

$350 for a import steel winch bar that may not fit my car is just sooooo annoying.
    04 NP DiD
    Dobinsons shocks and spring - 2" lift with full bush kit, 285/75R16 KO3 BF Goodrich Muddies, IPF 900 Lights, 42" LED lightbar, Snorkel, DIY 3/4 Roof Rack, Milford Cargo Barrier, Single Mass Flywheel Clutch Conversion, using Samsung Galaxy 10 as my GPS device, OziExplorer for Android, wikicamps app to find all the good camp sites. My Travel Blog . My Photography Site . Expedition 4LowDrive

The problem is the legality of fitting such a bar. A bar that is not designed specifically to fit a particular model can adversely affect the operation of the airbags and hence the safety of the car occupants in an accident could be compromised.
    Cheers, Dan.
    2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

I had purchased one of these cheap bars for my np. the brakets welded to the bullbar don't come close to fit anywhere,the bar isn't adr compliant for airbags and the bar itself was to wide for the vehicle. In my opinon i got wat i paid for. In saying that they were happy to refund the money but i had to return it at my cost. I have since purchased an arb bar and am glad i have it instead of the cheap one after seeing both bars and quality of both.
      Cheers Richard
      NP 3.8L V6 2004, Uniden Uhf, Electronic rust protection, ARB winch bar, Lightforce 240 blitz, Tigerz Grande winch with Dyneema rope, Snorkel,Bushskinz Underbody protection, Maxxis 771's, Ultimate Suspension 2" lift with airbagsTug for a GIC Offload camper

NG 3ltr V6 Fully rebuilt, 2" body lift, ARB roofcage now retired!

Comment

Originally posted by 91Tourer View Post
        I had purchased one of these cheap bars for my np. the brakets welded to the bullbar don't come close to fit anywhere,the bar isn't adr compliant for airbags and the bar itself was to wide for the vehicle. In my opinon i got wat i paid for. In saying that they were happy to refund the money but i had to return it at my cost. I have since purchased an arb bar and am glad i have it instead of the cheap one after seeing both bars and quality of both.
        Cheers Richard
        Thanks Richard,

From a sample size of 1 (tigerz 11) the bullbars are ADR compliant and compatible with airbags systems.

Where did you buy your cheapie from?
        04 NP DiD
        Dobinsons shocks and spring - 2" lift with full bush kit, 285/75R16 KO3 BF Goodrich Muddies, IPF 900 Lights, 42" LED lightbar, Snorkel, DIY 3/4 Roof Rack, Milford Cargo Barrier, Single Mass Flywheel Clutch Conversion, using Samsung Galaxy 10 as my GPS device, OziExplorer for Android, wikicamps app to find all the good camp sites. My Travel Blog . My Photography Site . Expedition 4LowDrive

Comment

It wasn't a tigerz bar got it of ebay bout 8mths ago and pick it up from sydney, near revesby i think i can't remember wat ebay shop.
          NP 3.8L V6 2004, Uniden Uhf, Electronic rust protection, ARB winch bar, Lightforce 240 blitz, Tigerz Grande winch with Dyneema rope, Snorkel,Bushskinz Underbody protection, Maxxis 771's, Ultimate Suspension 2" lift with airbagsTug for a GIC Offload camper

NG 3ltr V6 Fully rebuilt, 2" body lift, ARB roofcage now retired!

Comment

Originally posted by binda View Post
            Thanks Richard,

From a sample size of 1 (tigerz 11) the bullbars are ADR compliant and compatible with airbags systems.

Where did you buy your cheapie from?
            ADR compliant and airbag compatible for which make and model of vehicle?
            2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie_Dan View Post
              ADR compliant and airbag compatible for which make and model of vehicle?
              Dan, I'll leave the legals to others to debate on other threads mate. I'm only interested in the bars themselves.
              04 NP DiD

Comment

am looking into a bullbar for the triton and challenger at the moment which am hoping to be able to offer at a special price from next week, stay tuned, unfortunately the NS pajero one is no longer available.
                Current vehicles: 1995 3.5l nj Pajero x 2, 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 Jeep Patriot, 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495
                Currently wrecking nh gls lwb, nh gl pov pack, 2 x nj gls lwb nl lwb, NH glx manual, 92 L300 delica

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X