Ad below navbar

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone replaced a top timing chain on a NM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone replaced a top timing chain on a NM?

Hello,

I was about to replace the top timing chain guide on my paj NM 2002 DiD untill i found out that the EGR system is different then on a NP shown at some threads here (common-rail?). This means I have to undo the EGR pipe from the Exhaust manifold if I'm correct? I've tried but the access is limited and the bolts are really rusted.

Doest anyone has any experience with this and has some tips?

Thanks in advance.

Frank
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Fbossie; 25-11-13, 06:46 PM.
    2002NM 3.2DiD - Manual
    Dual batteries with redarc - K&N air filter - self made storage system with 600w inverter, 12v and usb - nudge-bar.

Gday Frank.
    That EGR pipe is exactly the same as my NP with manual trans.
    The pipework on the automatic is a little different. The pics you have seen would have been from an auto, or a NS onwards common-rail motor.
    But Yes, you have to undo the pipe at the manifold (2x nuts). Give the bolts a good soak with WD40 or similar (when engine is cold of course....) and they will hopefully come off without too much trouble.
    I don't remember having any grief getting those nuts off of mine when I lifted the lid for valve clearance adjustment 12 months ago. I can't remember whether I used sockets or spanners though sorry. If it were sockets it would have been my little 1/4 drive set.
    Cheers, Dan.
    2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

wd40...

after a bit of that and it doesnt work.. and for really rusted bolts, i use coke cola dont laugh it works.
      My Car is up for Sale => Link to Market Place

Has a current Vic roadworthy (valid from the 28/04/2016)

Comment

Yes you will have to Remove the Crossover EGR Pipe from the Exhaust to the other side but its pretty easy with ring spanners and a socket set, once you've done it you'll wonder what all the fuss is about. 10mm socket required for Rocker Cover. But do be careful Not to drop the Guide Bolts into the Engine ( use cloth around area )
        NP 05 Platinum Edition, 3.2 DiD Auto, Extra H/D 50mm Kings, Garmin GPS, Waeco 40, Turbo Smart Boost Gauge, Lambwool Covers, Kumo Tyres, Rock Sliders Pending, Surrey Downs Adelaide Sth Aust.

Comment

Thanks a lot guys! Good to hear i was right, the pics I've seen must have been of a auto.
          I've tried the get the bolt off with a ring spanner but it didn't move at all. I'll try again after soaking it WD40 or cola.
          2002NM 3.2DiD - Manual
          Dual batteries with redarc - K&N air filter - self made storage system with 600w inverter, 12v and usb - nudge-bar.

Comment

spray it, and then hit it a few times with a rubber mallet, the ring spanner on the nut that is
            Last edited by Easykill1978; 26-11-13, 07:22 AM.
            My Car is up for Sale => Link to Market Place

Has a current Vic roadworthy (valid from the 28/04/2016)

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X