enine miss under acceleration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enine miss under acceleration

hey guys i have a np 3.8 on gas and unleaded it has been running like a dog lately just of idle under acceleration so the leads were the originals thinking they were the problem i changed them and fitted new plugs also i did notice some oil around the pugs one one bank. my miss is now worse and is there all the time now. it idles perfect then seems to loose one or two cylinders under throttle maybe a coil?

Is this Miss on Gas and Petrol?
    NP 05 Platinum Edition, 3.2 DiD Auto, Extra H/D 50mm Kings, Garmin GPS, Waeco 40, Turbo Smart Boost Gauge, Lambwool Covers, Kumo Tyres, Rock Sliders Pending, Surrey Downs Adelaide Sth Aust.

Comment

yes on both

Comment

Can you give us more details? km, how long you've own it, anything you've done before problem started, eg. New Battery Fitted? Gas and Petrol your using? etc.
        NP 05 Platinum Edition, 3.2 DiD Auto, Extra H/D 50mm Kings, Garmin GPS, Waeco 40, Turbo Smart Boost Gauge, Lambwool Covers, Kumo Tyres, Rock Sliders Pending, Surrey Downs Adelaide Sth Aust.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbo View Post
          Can you give us more details? km, how long you've own it, anything you've done before problem started, eg. New Battery Fitted? Gas and Petrol your using? etc.

so i take it the 3.8 has 6 leads? kid of thought they were coil packs, with 3 leads going to other side and each pack sitting ontop of the spark plug.

easy, since you replace the leads.. remove the screws holding the coil packs to the motor.. since each plug is under the pack... remove each one at a time... if the idling gets worse than that coil pack is fine.. move onto the next, till it doesn't change the idle mode.. replace that coil pack..

edit... you need to test the other ones too.. simply remove one at a time and if the idling doesn't change that's your faulty pack.

had that trouble before with my old petrol, ended up replacing all three packs, know anyone with a petrol pajero??? could simply swap out the packs onto your ride to test it out..

but also check your air filter, and ensure all plugs are properly connected (electircal).. and ensure you have a good earth and the battery terminals are nice and tight.

my best guess is a faulty coil pack.

or worst case

faulty knock sensors, o2 sensors, ecu and emu..
          My Car is up for Sale => Link to Market Place

Has a current Vic roadworthy (valid from the 28/04/2016)

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X