Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3.2 idles but won't Rev

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 3.2 idles but won't Rev

    Hi My 3.2 DID Auto just started to play up .It was hard to start and seemed the battery was flat .so i fitted a new battery it took about 6 revolutions to start and then seemed ok .went for a drive stopped at a shop and it was hard to start and now it won't rev but seems like heaps of smoke coming from exhaust .let it idle and seems fine .Any ideas before tow job to Mitsubishi .
    Thanks Mark

  • #2
    Originally posted by Markcas_65 View Post
    Hi My 3.2 DID Auto just started to play up .It was hard to start and seemed the battery was flat .so i fitted a new battery it took about 6 revolutions to start and then seemed ok .went for a drive stopped at a shop and it was hard to start and now it won't rev but seems like heaps of smoke coming from exhaust .let it idle and seems fine .Any ideas before tow job to Mitsubishi .
    Thanks Mark


    what colour smoke?

    check your air filter, it could be blocked.. remove it and try again small short trips wont matter with no air filter..
    My Car is up for Sale => Link to Market Place

    Has a current Vic roadworthy (valid from the 28/04/2016)

    Comment


    • #3
      First off, I would be checking for any fault codes stored in the ECU.
      http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=20313
      Cheers, Dan.
      2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

      Comment


      • #4
        When was the last time the fuel filter was changed?
        Hard starting is a symptom of a blocked filter.
        Or worse. Fuel pump.
        .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
        NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

        Comment


        • #5
          Hi Guys Problem sorted .After checking ECU with no fault codes removed fuel filter to find the vehicle had filled with unleaded.Spent the day draining tank and lines and oil change it seems to a little quicker now .
          Mark

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Markcas_65 View Post
            Hi Guys Problem sorted .After checking ECU with no fault codes removed fuel filter to find the vehicle had filled with unleaded.Spent the day draining tank and lines and oil change it seems to a little quicker now .
            Mark




            unleaded how did that happen

            Comment


            • #7
              That's gotta be a ctn!! we had a bloke at work put ulp into a truck... He thought he had done a turbo. Hopefully no damage done ole mate.
              2003 NP Pajero GLS 3.2 DID.

              E.C. Bullbar, USB/Bluetooth Stereo, Cabin Filter Mod, 20% tint, Bridgestone AT LT 265/70/16, EGR Blanks, Bonnet Protector, Engine Guardian, Boost/Oil Pressure/Volt Gauges + Huge Wish list

              Comment


              • #8
                I ve been working in central Queensland and came home to a dead car no one will say who fuelled it .The strange thing was that the unleaded raised to the top after sitting over night and the car must have sucked the diesel until it stopped

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Markcas_65 View Post
                  I ve been working in central Queensland and came home to a dead car no one will say who fuelled it .The strange thing was that the unleaded raised to the top after sitting over night and the car must have sucked the diesel until it stopped
                  dam lucky you didnt crack the head or the block..you tend to do big time damage with that...
                  My Car is up for Sale => Link to Market Place

                  Has a current Vic roadworthy (valid from the 28/04/2016)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Take the keys next time you go away. Not to be trusted by the sounds of it.
                    .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
                    NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Sounds like it was his wife or kids?.. Just get some diesel only fuel cards
                      2003 NP Pajero GLS 3.2 DID.

                      E.C. Bullbar, USB/Bluetooth Stereo, Cabin Filter Mod, 20% tint, Bridgestone AT LT 265/70/16, EGR Blanks, Bonnet Protector, Engine Guardian, Boost/Oil Pressure/Volt Gauges + Huge Wish list

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        or fill her up, lock on filler and dun
                        My Car is up for Sale => Link to Market Place

                        Has a current Vic roadworthy (valid from the 28/04/2016)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Another plus to the 3.2 DiD.
                          The MM manual says this engine was designed to be able to run on up to 30% petrol for short runs without damage.
                          A diesel mech friend says he gets 1 petrol flushout a week. Most makes have to be flushed right through to the injectors but the NP DiD onwards only need the tank drained & filled. $500-1000 compared to $100.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            $1000 for a flushout! I'm in the wrong business.
                            .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
                            NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Goodsy View Post
                              $1000 for a flushout! I'm in the wrong business.
                              I understand some makes need the tank removed etc. The tragedy of being the victim of little choice.

                              Comment

                              Matched content

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X