3.2 idles but won't Rev

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.2 idles but won't Rev

Hi My 3.2 DID Auto just started to play up .It was hard to start and seemed the battery was flat .so i fitted a new battery it took about 6 revolutions to start and then seemed ok .went for a drive stopped at a shop and it was hard to start and now it won't rev but seems like heaps of smoke coming from exhaust .let it idle and seems fine .Any ideas before tow job to Mitsubishi .
    Thanks Mark

Originally posted by Markcas_65 View Post
    Hi My 3.2 DID Auto just started to play up .It was hard to start and seemed the battery was flat .so i fitted a new battery it took about 6 revolutions to start and then seemed ok .went for a drive stopped at a shop and it was hard to start and now it won't rev but seems like heaps of smoke coming from exhaust .let it idle and seems fine .Any ideas before tow job to Mitsubishi .
    Thanks Mark

what colour smoke?

check your air filter, it could be blocked.. remove it and try again small short trips wont matter with no air filter..
    My Car is up for Sale => Link to Market Place

Has a current Vic roadworthy (valid from the 28/04/2016)

Comment

First off, I would be checking for any fault codes stored in the ECU.
      http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=20313
      Cheers, Dan.
      2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

When was the last time the fuel filter was changed?
        Hard starting is a symptom of a blocked filter.
        Or worse. Fuel pump.
        .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
        NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

Hi Guys Problem sorted .After checking ECU with no fault codes removed fuel filter to find the vehicle had filled with unleaded.Spent the day draining tank and lines and oil change it seems to a little quicker now .
          Mark

Comment

Hi Guys Problem sorted .After checking ECU with no fault codes removed fuel filter to find the vehicle had filled with unleaded.Spent the day draining tank and lines and oil change it seems to a little quicker now .
            Mark

unleaded how did that happen

Comment

That's gotta be a ctn!! we had a bloke at work put ulp into a truck... He thought he had done a turbo. Hopefully no damage done ole mate.
              2003 NP Pajero GLS 3.2 DID.

E.C. Bullbar, USB/Bluetooth Stereo, Cabin Filter Mod, 20% tint, Bridgestone AT LT 265/70/16, EGR Blanks, Bonnet Protector, Engine Guardian, Boost/Oil Pressure/Volt Gauges + Huge Wish list

Comment

I ve been working in central Queensland and came home to a dead car no one will say who fuelled it .The strange thing was that the unleaded raised to the top after sitting over night and the car must have sucked the diesel until it stopped

Comment

I ve been working in central Queensland and came home to a dead car no one will say who fuelled it .The strange thing was that the unleaded raised to the top after sitting over night and the car must have sucked the diesel until it stopped
                  dam lucky you didnt crack the head or the block..you tend to do big time damage with that...

Comment

Take the keys next time you go away. Not to be trusted by the sounds of it.
                    NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

Sounds like it was his wife or kids?.. Just get some diesel only fuel cards
                      2003 NP Pajero GLS 3.2 DID.

E.C. Bullbar, USB/Bluetooth Stereo, Cabin Filter Mod, 20% tint, Bridgestone AT LT 265/70/16, EGR Blanks, Bonnet Protector, Engine Guardian, Boost/Oil Pressure/Volt Gauges + Huge Wish list

Comment

or fill her up, lock on filler and dun

Comment

Another plus to the 3.2 DiD.
                          The MM manual says this engine was designed to be able to run on up to 30% petrol for short runs without damage.
                          A diesel mech friend says he gets 1 petrol flushout a week. Most makes have to be flushed right through to the injectors but the NP DiD onwards only need the tank drained & filled. $500-1000 compared to $100.

Comment

$1000 for a flushout! I'm in the wrong business.
                            NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodsy View Post
                              $1000 for a flushout! I'm in the wrong business.
                              I understand some makes need the tank removed etc. The tragedy of being the victim of little choice.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X