It's Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Back

Seems I have inherited a electrical gremlin with my Paj.

The story so far is here;
    http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...t=33392&page=1

So I was testing it today, as I do everyweek and the CD light started to flash again when coming out of 4L. The light also now flashes in any mode other than 2h.

So far all the switches, 4wd ECU and rear diff speed sensor have been replaced yet the problem still continues. Having just replaced the suspension and a few other parts I don't want to sell, plus I love it, I would just like to have it fixed once and for all.

What to do?

Rej

without reading all the back story, I apologise if this obvious advice has already been given, but have you asked the ECU what it thinks is wrong?

I had the blinking C/D once before and it turns out the ECU knew exactly what was wrong and gave me the error code.

Do you know how query the ECU?
    04 NP DiD
    Dobinsons shocks and spring - 2" lift with full bush kit, 285/75R16 KO3 BF Goodrich Muddies, IPF 900 Lights, 42" LED lightbar, Snorkel, DIY 3/4 Roof Rack, Milford Cargo Barrier, Single Mass Flywheel Clutch Conversion, using Samsung Galaxy 10 as my GPS device, OziExplorer for Android, wikicamps app to find all the good camp sites. My Travel Blog . My Photography Site . Expedition 4LowDrive

Comment

Hi Binda,

Thanks for the reply. I was just reading your post on the front actuator switch. I am ok with a spanner but electronics scare me! So no, i don't know how to do much with the ECU. Would like to learn.

Rej

Comment

Ok, ground pin 1 on the connector in the pic. The pic shows a left hand drive but you get the idea.

This just means get a length of copper wire and insert it into pin 1, now the other end needs to be grounded to the car, any metal on the car will do. There is a bracket very near the connector that can be used.

The C/D light will now blink in a pattern. You convert this to numbers to get the code.
        long = 10
        short = 1

1 long and 3 short equals 13. You get the picture.

If there is more than 1 error, there will be a gap between codes and than the sequence with repeat.

I have the codes but they are in PDF which is too massive to post.

Get the codes and post them up and we will see what we can figure out.
        Attached Files
        04 NP DiD
        Dobinsons shocks and spring - 2" lift with full bush kit, 285/75R16 KO3 BF Goodrich Muddies, IPF 900 Lights, 42" LED lightbar, Snorkel, DIY 3/4 Roof Rack, Milford Cargo Barrier, Single Mass Flywheel Clutch Conversion, using Samsung Galaxy 10 as my GPS device, OziExplorer for Android, wikicamps app to find all the good camp sites. My Travel Blog . My Photography Site . Expedition 4LowDrive

Comment

Hi Binda,

Thanks.

I will see if I can get the code to show. Dumb question, car on or off? Ie Motor running?

Rej

Comment

Fault code 33.

Only one fault and it repeats.

Comment

no such thing as a dumb question.
              The ignition is set to ON but I don't believe the car needs to be running, or in the fault condition.
              The fault code will reside in memory so it will display the last known fault.
              04 NP DiD

Comment

Thanks Binda.

Code 33

Comment

Originally posted by Richie-Rich View Post
                  Fault code 33.

Only one fault and it repeats.
                  Ok, thats the Transfer Position system.

yuck. thats not good mate.

If you have replaced the switches and the ECU that you'd have to think there is a short in there somewhere. One of the connectors might be damaged or the wiring back to the ECU might be earthing out somewhere.
                  Attached Files
                  04 NP DiD

Comment

Transfer position switch system. Open Circuit / short Circuit malfunction of Switch.

Hmm is this referring to the new transfer case switches?

Comment

Crap.

Looks like it is back to MM for me.

Comment

I feel your pain.
                        04 NP DiD

Comment

check your vacume hose's - i fixed mine and found out it was a hose that had come off the back of the manifold.

or if you had a service / any work done on the engine before it happened they may have missed a hose / plugged them in the wrong way.
                          03 NP Pajero 3.5L

Comment

before you go to mm, check out the connectors to the transfer, check for damage/dirt. even disconnect the connectors (ignition off) and apply some sort of electrical grease if you have it. reconnect and try again. poor connections cause high resistance and usually cause issues, tricks the computer into thinking theres a sensor fault. good luck

Comment

I have 5 new switches. Installed in July.

New 4wd ECU installed in August.

In the plus side it only happens coming out of 4L. Besides that the system is working... Will keep testing and speak with MM tomorrow.

Rej

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X