Central locking: remote range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central locking: remote range

ive had this problem for a while but only now decided to do anything about it, im having some trouble with my central locking, the range of BOTH remotes is really low, 2-3 meters tops on a good day mind you, has anyone had any similar dramas? i was thinking of cleaning up the connector to the reciever and cleaning up the earth for the antenna and retest. ive replaced the batteries once already, might try it again.

though id ask the forums before asking some old friends at mm

thanks, Martin

Yeah, the range on my remote is not great. Replacing the battery with a fresh one helps though, if you haven't already tried that.
    The remotes use a standard CR2032 button battery.
    Cheers, Dan.
    2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

Mine is a bit funny. At times I have great range, at other times I can be almost touching the car before it works. Not sure if its rfi interference or what.

But a funny neat trick...some will say an old wives tale, but try it yourself.

If it doesn't want to work, hold the remote on your forehead....spooky

(and fried brain cells )
      MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. My14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

Love from the dime a dozen, lonely army type/weekend warrior dude with a dual cab and all the same shit as everyone else who doesn't know any better. Thanks for the tip Bru.

NX buildhttps://www.pajeroforum.com.au/core/...ive%5B1%5D.gif

My Journeys

Comment

Originally posted by Shifty View Post
        ive had this problem for a while but only now decided to do anything about it, im having some trouble with my central locking, the range of BOTH remotes is really low, 2-3 meters tops on a good day mind you, has anyone had any similar dramas? i was thinking of cleaning up the connector to the reciever and cleaning up the earth for the antenna and retest. ive replaced the batteries once already, might try it again.

though id ask the forums before asking some old friends at mm

thanks, Martin
        I haven't replaced batt for 5 yrs & can still turn/off from up to 50 mtrs. As it is both remotes I would think it is the car receiver.

Comment

Remote

About a metre any further than that I am wasting battery power, have to admit the remote or a Pajero is one of the worst I have ever had, changed the battery several time but still very limited.
          Even tried pushing the button harder still no better, a bit like the TV remote.
          NX 2016 GLS, Graphite, Nudge Bar, Pirelli Scorpion Plus.

Comment

Originally posted by hiedipro View Post
            As it is both remotes I would think it is the car receiver.
            im thinking this too, hopefully its not build-in into the bcm like hyundai is. think ill clean up the connectors and replace both batteries before i go to mm

Comment

comes down to entirely where u are too..

there is a lot of things that can interfere with the transmissions of remotes.

all them personal wifi hot spots around with great range,
              all the cell towers.
              all them wireless tv security cameras
              all them wireless reverse tv cameras
              all them other car keys going off.. etc

essentially any radio source that transmits near the range of the keys.. all radio transmissions produce harmonics.

all tend to pass thru certain substances and bounce of others.

the distance it will work from will vary from location to location.

as long as i am at least 10metres away and it goes off i am cool, i simply dont need it going off 50metres away. i need to walk that distance before i can get in.. so

and lastly as long as teh battery doesnt die in 3 weeks....... then i get tot do lots of this
              My Car is up for Sale => Link to Market Place

Has a current Vic roadworthy (valid from the 28/04/2016)

Comment

I get up to about 30 metres, depending on weather and which side of the car I am approaching.

My NL was a much shorter range. I moved the antenna (in the RR1/4) up a bit higher, and that helped a bit.

2-3 metres though is a bit of a worry. Have you given any thought to retraining them? That definitely helped with the NL.
                Gun Metal 2006 NP VR-X Auto DiD | Cabin Air Filter Mod | Tinted Windows | EGR Blanked | Upper Timing Chain Guide - Replaced Twice | Still rolling like a tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Shano592 View Post
                  I get up to about 30 metres, depending on weather and which side of the car I am approaching.

My NL was a much shorter range. I moved the antenna (in the RR1/4) up a bit higher, and that helped a bit.

2-3 metres though is a bit of a worry. Have you given any thought to retraining them? That definitely helped with the NL.
                  wait so we can move the anteanna? any idea where its located.. i would be interested in checking the antenna and its connections and possible upgrading it to a high gain atenna
                  My Car is up for Sale => Link to Market Place

Has a current Vic roadworthy (valid from the 28/04/2016)

Comment

I'm not sure what is actually possible with the Gen3. With the NL, I could and did move it. Not a whole lot, but definitely more "visible" than it was.

I did also re-train the remotes at the same time, so that may have been the actual cure. Hard to know, in hindsight. But they were degrading, like they both had flat batteries at the same time - but the batteries were fine.

12 months with my current remote (off eBay) and car, and no re-training in sight!
                    Gun Metal 2006 NP VR-X Auto DiD | Cabin Air Filter Mod | Tinted Windows | EGR Blanked | Upper Timing Chain Guide - Replaced Twice | Still rolling like a tank.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X