Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated compliance requirements

http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/registrati...s/vsi/vsi6.pdf

For those interested in vehicle compliance.
    Roadside inspections to follow. Anything not meeting legislated requirements I imagine you will be towing it home.

Suspension and tyres would be a few things Gen 3 & onwards would have to keep in mind.

I noted this one a few weeks back.
    http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=35466

Also those who have replaced the center lap belt with a lap sash,
    SEATS AND OCCUPANT PROTECTION (continued)
    Item
    Modification
    Fitting of a non-original seat belt. Example requiring certification:
    •Replacing a ‘lap-only’ type seat belt with a ‘lap-sash’ type seat belt.
    Last edited by Phil; 29-11-13, 01:25 PM.
    MY05 NP DiD Auto Platinum. Custom scratches. ARB bar & 12000lbs winch. Maxxis Bighorns. BushSkinz Bash plates & slidders. TJM auto guard. Gear box, trans & diff breathers. Rhino racks & Pod. Awning with LED. Dual batteries. HID Narva 225's. Airtec snorkel. 2" Lovell/Bilstein lift. GME TX3500. Wetseat covers. Pioneer BT deck. Cargo barrier. Beaudesert exhaust. Rear storage & CF80. ARB onboard air. NS 18s for the black top, 80L LRA tank. HPD Catch Can. HPD Intercooler.

Comment

And if you are going by the book, even blanking the EGR *technically* needs certification. Not that I'm putting my hand up to try...
      Gun Metal 2006 NP VR-X Auto DiD | Cabin Air Filter Mod | Tinted Windows | EGR Blanked | Upper Timing Chain Guide - Replaced Twice | Still rolling like a tank.

Comment

No technicality about it Shane.
        It is not legal to interfere with the emission system of any vehicle.

Hence the reason that nobody does it.
        2005 NP Platinum Edition, DiD Auto
        2009 VW Crafter motorhome

Comment

Yes ... nobody ... does ... it ...
          Gun Metal 2006 NP VR-X Auto DiD | Cabin Air Filter Mod | Tinted Windows | EGR Blanked | Upper Timing Chain Guide - Replaced Twice | Still rolling like a tank.

Comment

Oh let's not be coy.....everybody has done it.
            I guess the inspections will ferret it out.
            Quite a big list to look for.

Comment

abit like the gutting of the cat convertor.
              NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

Two points.

!: I think it is maybe after the boy racers.

2: Surely what was legal in 2007 can't be made illegal now.

One more point...I do not have a blanking plate. Never have.

Comment

Yep, I reckon ya right TT.
                  If you make a display of yaself, someone is gonna watch ya...............
                  2005 NP Platinum Edition, DiD Auto
                  2009 VW Crafter motorhome

Comment

Boy racer, backyard modifier, weekend warrior, general wanker pushing the limits.

They're all in the sights.

Anything that could or does compromise ANY aspect of safety, to the vehicle occupants or general public, and certainly anything that alters vehicle emission levels and general environmental impacts.

Comment

Keep things in moderation I say.
                      As soon as you go to far you're gonna get pulled up, only a matter of time. Showcasing yourself I.e big exhaust with massive exhaust exit pipes and blow off valves etc, 8" lifts with 40" swamp tyres is a sure way of drawing extra attention to yourself.

In regards to wheel and suspension restrictions there is talks now about the Association and clubs trying to reason with the authorities on more flexible and appropriate actions rather then a set of blanket rules to govern all.
                      97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
                      97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

the club i know of here in melb is considering approaching other clubs and if the restrictions are too restrictive and preventing mods to make our cars better and saffer off and on the road. lifts tend to stiffen the suspension for better control, to take them too court if they refuse to listen.

any law can be fought in court. (sp?)
                        My Car is up for Sale => Link to Market Place

Has a current Vic roadworthy (valid from the 28/04/2016)

Comment

Yeah ? Good Luck with that. Lots of publicity & class action & you might get somewhere.
                          MY05 Exceed Di-D Auto, TuneIt chip, Turbo Timer, Aux.Trans cooler, Low Water Alarm, 20" Light bar, Bilsteins, H/D rear springs, B/Stone D697 L/T tyres, TPMS, MCC Alloy Bar,+90Narva H/L globes, Roof Console w/-GME 3340 uhf.Magellen GPS & Hema Hn6,Ark battery box w/-135a/h GEL, 60Lt FridgeMate,100W Solar, Ctec Dc-DC charger, Rola Aero Bars, UpTop Awning, Wheelie Bin, WetSeat covers, Crash cam.
                          Towing. '00 Gazal Infinity ATV 18' Caravan.
                          http://mefi.us/images/fuelly/smallsig-metric/93405.png

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X