How long is a dipstick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long is a dipstick?

If there is anyone with a 2005 diesel auto pajero could you please measure your auto transmission dipstick from the flange to the bottom end of the stick and then the distance up from the bottom to the marks and let me know. Thanks. It would be a great help. I did explain why in an earlier post but it seems to have been moderated. My apologies I didn’t realise we are not allowed to point out dealer incompetence. I have searched the net but cannot find a part number or any info and I have a copy of Max Ellery’s Pajero Manual but there is no mention there either. And a local dealer didn't know. Essentially it’s almost impossible to know how long it should be. Thanks.
    2005 NP 3.2 DID Platinum, 230 000km, one owner, Lovell's and Bilstein's - standard height (200k), otherwise no modifications and no issues... yet.

after reading your title, my answer would have to be around 5ft 10 and 80 kg, being serious, sorry I do not the answer to your genuine question.
    1994 JDM 2.8TD SWB,UNIDEN UHF, 4300KG WINCH, MAXXIS BRAVO AT, ALLOY BAR, SAFARI SNORKEL, WORK IN PROGRESS

Comment

I read your earlier post and you got some replies with the information you needed, did you get this before it was moderated? You can talk about dealer incompetence but when your first post on the forum is bagging out and naming a dealer the moderators quite rightly think it may be a little suspect. The same post from someone with 1000 or more posts would probably not get moderated. After reading your first post I think you really need to go back to the dealer and confront them with your issues and demand some answers.

Comment

X2 Well said Brett.
        .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
        NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

Ashley,

Just to help out a new guy. Log in with your user name and password and the original post is in the section that will appear just above the General Info page. Your answer is in there.
          2005 NP GLX DiD,Alloy bullbar, Rallye 2000 driving lights, dual batteries,icomm UHF, 2" lift Ultimate Suspension, HD front,SD back with Ironman air bags, TJM underbody protection, HD valve body and Torque Converter, Engine Watchdog. In tow,Track Trailer T van.

Comment

Originally posted by Terryo View Post
            Ashley,

Just to help out a new guy. Log in with your user name and password and the original post is in the section that will appear just above the General Info page. Your answer is in there.
            WHERE IS THIS "General Info" page?

Comment

Thread was moved to bitches and gripes with buisness name removed was all.

Hopefully you get it sorted mate. I wouldn't be happy about it in the slightest!

It's at a point now where I've even been told on more then one occassion over the years to mark certain parts in the engine bay and to inspect them when you get the car back. Tells you if the part was replaced with another.
              97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
              97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

Thank you all for your advice. It was only when I started searching online for an answer to the dipstick length problem that I found your forum. I wish I had found it years ago as I would be much wiser and less gullible. There is a wealth of knowledge here. I bought my Pajero new and have been nursing it as I planned to keep it well into its old age. It really is a terrific car with not a single problem in the whole eight years I have had it. I guess this amplified my disappointment. I will indeed be marking components (thanks Pauly) and taking pictures. Better late than never. I won’t be seeking advice from the so-called professionals again, but hope that you learned gentlemen will kindly look upon the less mechanically educated such as myself with some empathy. Apologies for blowing off steam but I was pretty annoyed at the time. I thought I simply mused a puzzling chronology but the post is a bit stronger than I anticipated or intended.
                @ Brett, no I didn’t see the post. I only check at weekends. But demanding answers is a difficult ask as I have no actual evidence to back up my discovery; every issue can be quite rightly summarily dismissed. Thus the approach to head office appealing to hopefully mutually acknowledged moral obligations. Naively I expected head office to do something on my behalf.
                @ Pauly Faulkner. Thank you very much. And thank you for your understanding. It amazes me how men will gladly throw other men to the wolves when they ask for help based solely on demeanour.
                @Terryo, Thank you, I found it and thanked everyone. Problem solved.
                Please note that I made every effort to solve my problem before troubling you erudite (well perhaps not Andy) gentlemen here. And you came through.
                Thank you.
                2005 NP 3.2 DID Platinum, 230 000km, one owner, Lovell's and Bilstein's - standard height (200k), otherwise no modifications and no issues... yet.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X