Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front strut problem (Dobinsons)

Hey guys,

I've been doing front strut bushes and Dobinsons have replaced them no questions asked, the second set are now also wearing after 6000km. Been in contact with Dobinsons and they are replacing both front struts after some investigation. The problem I seem to be having is at full articulation the struts hit the upper control arm, they said it may be an early batch that the internal bump stop may be wrong or has had an issue.
    The service i've received from Dobinsons has been fantastic, their after sales service is better than I've ever received anywhere and they look after their customers. I'm waiting on new struts to arrive and will get them fitted up and hopefully the problem will be gone.
    Anyone looking at replacing suspension.....seriously look at Dobinsons, i've been really happy with their suspension and even happier with their after sales service, really worth buying their products, they're also Australian.

Leo

Mate, they are my local suspension shop and I have to agree, they really are good to their customers and I got no complaints about my setup. I went the whole hog with them, springs, shocks, struts, bushes. Its all good.
    04 NP DiD
    Dobinsons shocks and spring - 2" lift with full bush kit, 285/75R16 KO3 BF Goodrich Muddies, IPF 900 Lights, 42" LED lightbar, Snorkel, DIY 3/4 Roof Rack, Milford Cargo Barrier, Single Mass Flywheel Clutch Conversion, using Samsung Galaxy 10 as my GPS device, OziExplorer for Android, wikicamps app to find all the good camp sites. My Travel Blog . My Photography Site . Expedition 4LowDrive

Comment

Great to hear they are 100% standing behind their products.

Comment

i'm actually a reseller for dobinsons and am now able to sell on this forum and have to agree they do back their product.

They have modified the bush slightly in the bottom of the struts on the gen 3's to overcome a binding issue on full articulation with lifted units, happens in very few cases but they have made the change anyway.

so if anyone is looking for dobinsons gear either suspension or accessories give me a yell, will soon have a page up on here under the business name and we do only forum member pricing.
        Current vehicles: 1995 3.5l nj Pajero x 2, 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 Jeep Patriot, 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495
        Currently wrecking nh gls lwb, nh gl pov pack, 2 x nj gls lwb nl lwb, NH glx manual, 92 L300 delica

Comment

Yeh their service is second to none, can't fault them. They are replacing BOTH front struts at no cost to me.

Leo

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X