Economy: Diesel vs Petrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Economy: Diesel vs Petrol

What economy per 100 km's should I expect from 2000-2002 Pajero before I buy one?

Hi Don
    Please refer to the FAQ section there is a great table on fuel consumption of all engines

Cheers
    Muzza
    2014 NW VRX , Alloy ECB bar, Poly air bags, EGR fixed. EDS scan gauge, lockup mate.
    2003 NP DID GLS retired and gone to a good home
    2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana

Comment

Hi Don,

I get 8 - 9 hwy, 9-10 city

2004 3.2DiD.

Petrols are quite a bit thirstier, but i won't comment on them as i have never owned one.

but check this thread out by Pickle

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=39
      MY05 NP Pajero GLX DiD, 5 speed auto, 2" Lift, Tait TM8115 UHF

Comment

Just traded my 2000 V6 Pajero on a 2006 DID.

Went from 17L / 100km to 9L / 100km.

We'll save $10,000 in fuel over 4 years and the DID has as much if not more poke than the 3.5V6. I can drive it on cruise all the way up the Hume to Sydney without shifting out of 5th gear, where the old one wanted 4th on many of the hills.

Pat
        16 Mitsu NX Pajero GLX
        10 Ford LV Focus ST / XR5

Comment

Hi Don,
          Our 2002 NM DiD manual averages 9 litres/100km, we usually get about 1000kms from our 90 litre tank
          Towing our 2.5T boat it averages 16 litres/100km.

Sandgroper.
          NS VRX DiD manual, family pack, tint, 2.5t tow, Smartbar, Firestone airbags, Vision X HID driving lights.

Comment

our 3.5l does alright. average 13-14 around town and as low as 11 on the highway. I am not a lead foot, but then again I don't pussy foot around either. What I do do is keep the oil changed regularily with mobil one as well as all the other oils, run a K&N and have high tyre pressure.

Hope this helps.

The only reason we didn't go for a oil burner is the wife hates the sound, makes it sound like a tractor she says. You can't argue with logic like that.
            Have a Gunmetal Grey NS V6 Exceed. Already raised with lovells, Poly airs, Colour coded ARB bullbar, Sidewinder Dual Batteries, WAECO CF50.... Just moved to Perth, wife and 2 girls and a bloody big boy dog.

Build Racing bikes in my spare time - check out the link: http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f120/

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X