I want a snorkel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want a snorkel

I live on Yorke Peninsula SA and want to fit a snorkel to my 2006 DID before a planed trip to the Kimbely next year. Willing to go to Adelaide if needed, and what sort of cost would they be fitted.

Thanks in advance

David

I just had a Safari snorkel fitted by Opposite Lock in Toowoomba QLD on my 03 NP DID.Paid $750 fitted, just to give you an idea about pricing.

Comment

Think I paid about $750 for my Safari Snorkel installed by ARB
      2003 NP DID Exceed with a bit of lift and a hunk of steel on the front with some stuff hanging off it

Comment

Or purchase an e-bay kit $ 122 delivered and is a safari copy, $ 120 for drill set and sealant and say 6 hours of your own time and save yourself a small fortune, just another option for you.
        2004 NP exceed DI-D: Bilstein/Lovell 2"HD lift, Bushskinz guards & sliders,Tigerz 2x2.5 awning, Toyo Opat 2's, Safari snorkel, SR 3" exhaust

Comment

Ask a panel beater if he is interested in a 'cashie'.
          MY05 Exceed Di-D Auto, TuneIt chip, Turbo Timer, Aux.Trans cooler, Low Water Alarm, 20" Light bar, Bilsteins, H/D rear springs, B/Stone D697 L/T tyres, TPMS, MCC Alloy Bar,+90Narva H/L globes, Roof Console w/-GME 3340 uhf.Magellen GPS & Hema Hn6,Ark battery box w/-135a/h GEL, 60Lt FridgeMate,100W Solar, Ctec Dc-DC charger, Rola Aero Bars, UpTop Awning, Wheelie Bin, WetSeat covers, Crash cam.
          Towing. '00 Gazal Infinity ATV 18' Caravan.
          http://mefi.us/images/fuelly/smallsig-metric/93405.png

Comment

The ebay copy I fitted to my NP was of surprisingly good quality.
            Have an Airtec now. $600 fitted roughly. Good snorkel. Highly recommend.

My advice though for a gen 3 would to get the ebay copy. A lot of money to be saved on a very good product for the money.
            .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
            NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

Im in the same boat LOL, need a snorkel to keep it afloat.

Ill go the ebay route, I noticed there are a few different styles. Which one would you recommend goodsy? They seem to range in price from 120-200.

On another note id be surprised if the airtec and tjm snorkels aren't made in you know where.

Mines a 2001 nm exceed petrol
              NM- 33.1's, 2" Lift, Tranny, diff and TC breathers, underbody protection

Comment

The one I installed was the same as this one going by the pics.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MITSUBISH...ccda02b&_uhb=1
                NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

The 1 pictured is more like the safari the Airtec goes straight through the guard & curves around into air box. The genuine Pajero snorkel as I have is exactly the same as the airtec.. each to their own but I prefer it over the safari due to all the elbows & the restricted pipe that goes in front of the air box.

Gus.

PS. Noticed the K&N sticker... I don't use it now returned to standard filter!
                  VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
                  NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

Originally posted by poppasmurf5558 View Post
                    I live on Yorke Peninsula SA and want to fit a snorkel to my 2006 DID before a planed trip to the Kimbely next year. Willing to go to Adelaide if needed, and what sort of cost would they be fitted.

Thanks in advance

David
                    Gday David.
                    I paid $628 for TJM at Nailsworth to install the Airtec snorkel on my NP back in 2011. They did a fantastic job - very neat and tidy.
                    Hopefully the price wouldnt havr changed too much.....
                    Cheers, Dan.
                    2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

Piece of mind go for brand name that will back you up..

TJM & ARB stores Australia wide! As stated the Airtec is great value at present 20% off
                      VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
                      NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

My Airtec was install by Creighton's TJM. Worth the hour and a half drive for a A1 install and a bloody good price mind you.
                        I was a Safari man but this being my first Airtec I'm converted.
                        Seems a lot more thought has gone into air flow through the snorkel plumbing than a Safari. My opinion only.
                        NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Gus View Post
                          Piece of mind go for brand name that will back you up..

TJM & ARB stores Australia wide! As stated the Airtec is great value at present 20% off
                          Yep just rang the local tjm here in Port Mac, $568 fitted. Very tempted...
                          2006 NP VRX DiD. Dual Batts 80Amp. 2"lovells and bilsteins. Polyairs. Clic-on Ipad Holder. ARB awning

Comment

Originally posted by saj View Post
                            Yep just rang the local tjm here in Port Mac, $568 fitted. Very tempted...
                            Give your Paj a christmas present
                            2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie_Dan View Post
                              Give your Paj a christmas present
                              Dan don't tempt me...I've always thought a waste of money as i avoid water at all cost, and being like $6-700 bucks put me right off but this is a good offer. Is it worth it just for the looks, i'm not sure. I always remember on my patrol after i had a snorkel fitted it breathed better but i always had to turn the filter around(round one)weekly due to more dust and particles finding it's way down the snorkel, now with the paj i don't turn it around ever and it looks quite clean.
                              Anyways a good deal if your after one.
                              Last edited by saj; 05-12-13, 09:36 AM.
                              2006 NP VRX DiD. Dual Batts 80Amp. 2"lovells and bilsteins. Polyairs. Clic-on Ipad Holder. ARB awning

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X