Buying pajero with high K's and gas conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying pajero with high K's and gas conversion

Hey guys I'm interested in buying a 2001 pajero exceed I found. It seams pretty cheep at $7000 but it has 250 000 k's. worth it or am I asking for trouble ?? Also it has a LPG gas conversion. What are the pro's and cons of LPG conversions and will it affect its 4x4 ability?

We owned a NM Exceed on Gas, Brilliant Bus but did have the Old Vapour System which is not able to give Max Power for over taking and towing etc. The New LPG Injection Systems are Much Better for Power but Cost a Bomb to install or upgrade to, so we went with Diesel. The Paj your looking at sounds cheap enough but you will have to spend money and expect to continue spending as its getting on. LPG has No Effect on the Engine as they Love Gasl but Will Backfire if you use Indipendant Gas, Go for BP, Shell or Mogas. Make sure you get it checked out by a good mechanic, put it on the hoist. It may Not have had it 200k km Major Service so check that also, about a grand all up.
    NP 05 Platinum Edition, 3.2 DiD Auto, Extra H/D 50mm Kings, Garmin GPS, Waeco 40, Turbo Smart Boost Gauge, Lambwool Covers, Kumo Tyres, Rock Sliders Pending, Surrey Downs Adelaide Sth Aust.

Comment

Does it hane an injected LPG setup? If so then it's fine. Mine has 260K on it, been on gas since about 100k and it's caused no problems at all. Only issue when off road is the tank at the back bottoms out a fair bit. I had a custom bash plate made up for mine as the tracks at Levuka where causing me a bit of grief.
      You'll love the fuel costs but you do have to fill more regularly. I get around 340-350k per tank of LPG.
      Cheers, John.
      LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
      Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

Cheers guys that's what I wanted to know. Ill ring up and ask a bit more. It's from a yard and says it comes with a 12 month warranty so hopefully if anything goes wrong it will in that time. how much did it cost for the bash plate ?? Cheers

Comment

Get the yard to specify EXACTLY what their warranty covers. And more importantly, what it doesn't cover on the car.

So many people gloss over it at the start, and get burned inside the "warranty" period, because a surprising amount of things are not covered.

Good luck, and I hope you uncover a hidden gem.
          Gun Metal 2006 NP VR-X Auto DiD | Cabin Air Filter Mod | Tinted Windows | EGR Blanked | Upper Timing Chain Guide - Replaced Twice | Still rolling like a tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Brejnak View Post
            ....and says it comes with a 12 month warranty so hopefully if anything goes wrong it will in that time.
            why wait until after to make a claim?

arrange to have the car professionally inspected, then get the car yard to fix all the issues as part of the contract
            2005 NP GLX Pajero 3.8L 5sp auto 198,000km

Comment

the warranty will be either elite warranties or awn and are after market ones that are not worth the paper they are written on so don't think it will save anything for you, because it wont, they will make you jump thru hoops and then get out on a technicality they always do.
              Make sure it is inspected professionally and make your decision on that, ignore the warranty completely , only reason caryards offer them is they get a commission for selling it to you as they have simply added the price into the car and offered it as a freeby, you still pay for it.
              Current vehicles: 1995 3.5l nj Pajero x 2, 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 Jeep Patriot, 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495
              Currently wrecking nh gls lwb, nh gl pov pack, 2 x nj gls lwb nl lwb, NH glx manual, 92 L300 delica

Comment

Originally posted by brejnak View Post
                cheers guys that's what i wanted to know. Ill ring up and ask a bit more. It's from a yard and says it comes with a 12 month warranty so hopefully if anything goes wrong it will in that time. How much did it cost for the bash plate ?? Cheers
                $400.
                Cheers, John.
                LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
                Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X