Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TJM's Airtec Snorkel 2003/2004 confusion. HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJM's Airtec Snorkel 2003/2004 confusion. HELP!

Hey team,

I have an Oct 03 built MY04 Pajero. TJM Kilsyth called Airtec apparently to see if they could do snorkel, and don't want to commit to my Paj as they are unsure of fitment due to the close 03 build 04 model gap.

Has anyone got the same model as mine or can answer the question of the 03 model have different front guard ergo's to the 04, making the 04 Airtec snorkel unsuited to the 03? That's their question... Mine is MY04 the local Mitsubishi dealer tells me, so I don't see TJM's problem?

From what I've seen under the hood, the TJM/Airtec is far cleaner fit than Safari.

HELP!
    MY04 GLX Pajero, Airtech snorkel, dual batterie system, Narva 225's, Avenger 9500lb winch, Uniden UH7760 NB Compact & AE4018k2 6.5db aerial, Abber water tank in 3rd row seat cavity with water pump & sender, Best Offroad twin draw system with wings, 3x rear 12v outlets, 50mm Bilstein/Lovells suspension lift, BFG 265/75-16 A/T's, ARB winch bar with cabin operation, Windcheetah/Roadrunner 2.2 mtr aluminium roof rack, inverter....

I had fun with this about a year ago.
    Mine was a 2003 exceed.

The issue seems to be with the early models with abs only.

From what I could work out after about 10 phone calls:

if you have no abs it should fit.
    If you have pre my04 with abs only then it doesnt fit (unit gets in the way)
    if you have pre my04 with traction control & abs it does fit. (well , it did in mine)

The pre my04 with traction control/abs is the same brake unit still used on later models.

I had TJM do a mock fitment without drilling holes to check it would fit

If you want I can send you some pics .
    2011 White NT GL - Goes fast because it is an ex cop car

The usual crap : Smartbar , Winch, Bushskinz , Traction control mod with rear diff lock,2 inch lovells, raw 46mm monotube shocks, 20c egr fix, cheap arse ebay roof bars. too much rubbish and tools in the back. Sand on floor mats.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashley View Post
      I had fun with this about a year ago.
      Mine was a 2003 exceed.

The issue seems to be with the early models with abs only.

From what I could work out after about 10 phone calls:

if you have no abs it should fit.
      If you have pre my04 with abs only then it doesnt fit (unit gets in the way)
      if you have pre my04 with traction control & abs it does fit. (well , it did in mine)

The pre my04 with traction control/abs is the same brake unit still used on later models.

I had TJM do a mock fitment without drilling holes to check it would fit

If you want I can send you some pics .
      Gday Ashley they like to make it hard hey.. Mine's a GLX with ABS and traction control, sounds like a good idea getting them to do the mock before drilling. If you can send some pics that will be a great help mate, appreciate it.
      MY04 GLX Pajero, Airtech snorkel, dual batterie system, Narva 225's, Avenger 9500lb winch, Uniden UH7760 NB Compact & AE4018k2 6.5db aerial, Abber water tank in 3rd row seat cavity with water pump & sender, Best Offroad twin draw system with wings, 3x rear 12v outlets, 50mm Bilstein/Lovells suspension lift, BFG 265/75-16 A/T's, ARB winch bar with cabin operation, Windcheetah/Roadrunner 2.2 mtr aluminium roof rack, inverter....

Comment

If your comppiance plate is marked M04, it will fit.
        M03, you are out of luck.
        Cheers, Dan.
        2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

mine is a dec02 build, with 1/03 on the compliance plate.
          because I have the exceed, I had traction control.

As has been posted above, if yours is my04 then you should be ok.
          Attached Files
          2011 White NT GL - Goes fast because it is an ex cop car

The usual crap : Smartbar , Winch, Bushskinz , Traction control mod with rear diff lock,2 inch lovells, raw 46mm monotube shocks, 20c egr fix, cheap arse ebay roof bars. too much rubbish and tools in the back. Sand on floor mats.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashley View Post
            As has been posted above, if yours is my04 then you should be ok.
            Not necessarily manufactured year 04 (MY04), you need to see "M04" stamped on the compliance plate which lives up on the drivers side of the firewall.
            Cheers, Dan.
            2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

I wanted a Airtec for my NM but they say diesel only oh and there on special.
              Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
              New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X