Dual Battery Tray for NM v6 exceed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Battery Tray for NM v6 exceed

Peoples, tried searching subject but just get too much non relevant info.

I am needing to install a dual batt tray in my v6 exceed NM.

What I need is info from someone who has done it and pics if possible.

I know I have to move the charcoal canister but what about the cruise control module ( or whatever that funky black thing is next to charcoal canister )

Does the tray sit beside or above this? do I have to move it? I think I saw the Piranha one say you unbolt and attach to tray but I cannot see in any pics.

Thanks in advance
    Paul
    2001 NM 3.5 Exceed. Whisbar HD roof racks, UHF, HID spots, Elec brake control, air con control moved, K&N air filter. (SOLD )

2017 MQ GLS Triton Auto. Whispbar HD racks. EKO Canopy.

Try a search with Google pointing to the forum.

Comment

did google search on pics and found what i was looking for. No pics yet of installation but info to say Piranha batt tray has mount for cruise control module.

cheers.
      2001 NM 3.5 Exceed. Whisbar HD roof racks, UHF, HID spots, Elec brake control, air con control moved, K&N air filter. (SOLD )

2017 MQ GLS Triton Auto. Whispbar HD racks. EKO Canopy.

Comment

I mounted an ARB tray in my NM GLS, I don't have the rear air conditioner of the exceed, so am unsure if this will be a problem for you.
        The only thing needed to do is remove the radiator overflow bottle mounting bracket from the original battery tray, and mount it to the new tray with the supplied hardware. One hose from the charcoal canister needs replacing with a longer one, they supply the hose too.
        No relocation of canister required, cruise control motor stays in the same place.
        Very happy and professional looking. I didn't take pictures of the operation, but will take some tonight to show the finished product. If the rain stops!

Chris
        Last edited by vk7hch; 05-12-13, 06:15 PM.
        2002 NM 3.5L V6 Auto GLS, 33" BFG KM3s on Patrol 16x8, front air locker, Ironman lift plus poly blocks plus rear airbags, Runva 11XP, Bushskinz, ARB Combo bar, HF, VHF/UHF radios, 9" LED spots, 2 x LED light bars, interior LED lighting, Rear drawers, dual batteries, Projecta DC/DC charger, cabin filter mod, Bisho's centre console mod, roof basket, solar panel, Darche 270 Eclipse awning, ebay snorkel, activated tail lights.

Comment

Here is a pic showing clearance for cruise control motor and air conditioner regas point. There is actually is a few millimeters clearance under the battery mount plate, it shouldn't touch.

Chris
          Attached Files
          2002 NM 3.5L V6 Auto GLS, 33" BFG KM3s on Patrol 16x8, front air locker, Ironman lift plus poly blocks plus rear airbags, Runva 11XP, Bushskinz, ARB Combo bar, HF, VHF/UHF radios, 9" LED spots, 2 x LED light bars, interior LED lighting, Rear drawers, dual batteries, Projecta DC/DC charger, cabin filter mod, Bisho's centre console mod, roof basket, solar panel, Darche 270 Eclipse awning, ebay snorkel, activated tail lights.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X