Only one green light in 2WD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only one green light in 2WD

Hey guys, on the scrounge again from the other side of the world.
    When I turned the ignition on my NM this morning all the lights came on on the little truck diagram like they usually do, the 4 green wheel ones and the 2 orange diff ones. Once the engine started though they all turned off apart from the back driver side. Usually both rears stay on. Obviously the bulb isn't the problem as they all light up at first. Anyone know what the problem might be. I've read through a couple of threads on here but the bulb seems to be the usual candidate.
    Anyone got any ideas?

Simple.
    Your wheel has fallen off.

Comment

Sorry, can't help.....but I LOVE Marmite!
      2018 NX GLS - Stock

2002 NM Exceed 3.5l Auto. Oricom 280 UHF, Full Boar Snorkel, Maxxis 980's. Diff breather kit *still* waiting to be fitted. Heading for the great scrap yard in the sky very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiteman View Post
        Simple.
        Your wheel has fallen off.
        +1
        2002 NM 3.5L V6 Auto GLS, 33" BFG KM3s on Patrol 16x8, front air locker, Ironman lift plus poly blocks plus rear airbags, Runva 11XP, Bushskinz, ARB Combo bar, HF, VHF/UHF radios, 9" LED spots, 2 x LED light bars, interior LED lighting, Rear drawers, dual batteries, Projecta DC/DC charger, cabin filter mod, Bisho's centre console mod, roof basket, solar panel, Darche 270 Eclipse awning, ebay snorkel, activated tail lights.

Comment

Lol !!!
          2005 NP GLX Pajero 3.8L 5sp auto 198,000km

Comment

if you find the offending wheel is still attached, id be checking for a blown bulb
            2005 NP GLX Pajero 3.8L 5sp auto 198,000km

Comment

One of my rear green lights decided to stop working for a week or so, then started working again. Probably just a bad connection.
              2002 NM GLS DiD 3.2 Auto,Air bags, 265/70/16 Achillies Desert Hawk A/Ts, Prodigy brake controller.

Comment

As common as flies.
                Globe is gone or bad connection. Take cluster off, remove globe and rub a bit of wd40 on the contacts and see if it helps. Tbh though you are better off just replacing the globes while you're there.
                97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
                97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

Cheers guys. I'll give changing the globe a go at the weekend... Could that be the problem though, considering it DOES light up when I first start the engine?

Comment

Originally posted by Pom View Post
                    Cheers guys. I'll give changing the globe a go at the weekend... Could that be the problem though, considering it DOES light up when I first start the engine?
                    while your doing this job , replace all 4 globes so all is well in the future.
                    NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

before pulling everything apart, give the top of the instrument a good slap. Helped fix many a non displaying light in the past.
                      MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. My14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

Love from the dime a dozen, lonely army type/weekend warrior dude with a dual cab and all the same shit as everyone else who doesn't know any better. Thanks for the tip Bru.

NX buildhttps://www.pajeroforum.com.au/core/...ive%5B1%5D.gif

My Journeys

Comment

+1 For giving it a firm bump using a closed fist normally work's
                        I changed all 4 bulbs and a month or so after one went out a firm bump on top of dash above cluster should do the trick.

I also have an hiace van and when fan is turned on you need to give the dash on passenger side a good wack to get it going maybe it was the same electrical designer on both LOL
                        2002 NM V6 3.5

Comment

Originally posted by Pom View Post
                          and the 2 orange diff ones.
                          you got factory diff lock?

jealous and can't talk to you no more.
                          04 NP DiD
                          Dobinsons shocks and spring - 2" lift with full bush kit, 285/75R16 KO3 BF Goodrich Muddies, IPF 900 Lights, 42" LED lightbar, Snorkel, DIY 3/4 Roof Rack, Milford Cargo Barrier, Single Mass Flywheel Clutch Conversion, using Samsung Galaxy 10 as my GPS device, OziExplorer for Android, wikicamps app to find all the good camp sites. My Travel Blog . My Photography Site . Expedition 4LowDrive

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly Faulkner View Post
                            As common as flies.
                            Globe is gone or bad connection. Take cluster off, remove globe and rub a bit of wd40 on the contacts and see if it helps. Tbh though you are better off just replacing the globes while you're there.
                            My 4 wheel drive globes have gone kaput. Is there a thread on how to remove the instrument cluster somewhere in the forum. Have tried searching but nil success

Comment

Originally posted by manu9ted View Post
                              My 4 wheel drive globes have gone kaput. Is there a thread on how to remove the instrument cluster somewhere in the forum. Have tried searching but nil success
                              I've got to do the same job when I get around to it. According to this thread, it is only a 5 minute job to get the instrument cluster out.

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=23477

Cheers

Geoff
                              03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X