Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting GME TX3345 UHF?

G'day Fellas,

I just bought the GME TX3345 remote mic radio. The speaker box is pretty small 102 (W) x 87 (D) x 23 (H) mm. I was hoping to mount it underneath the cup holders in the centre console of my NP and run the mic wire out of the handbrake slot. Has anyone ever mounted a radio there? Any idea if there is enough space somewhere under the centre console?

Cheers,
    Tak.
    NP MY04 Auto 3.2 DID 21st Anniversary -ARB Deluxe Winch Bar, Smittybilt X20 10,000lb Winch, Airtech Snorkel, Bilstein & Lovells HD 50mm Raised Front and Rear, GME TX3345 UHF & AE4702B Aerial, Phillips X-Treme Vision Headlights, Lightforce 240 XGT's, Bushskinz Intercooler & Sump Guards, Maxxis 771 AT LT 265/70 R16's, Rhino Heavy Duty Roof Racks & Shovel Holder, Foxwing Awning, Stienbauer Performance Chip, EGR System Removed & Blanked, Goodsy's Power Window Mod.

Hi Tak, you should have enough room to place the unit under the console area, one place I never thought of is where my unit is fitted - under the drivers seat ! That is where I found it after looking around, was fitted there by a professional fitter from the previous owner.
    2004 NP exceed DI-D: Bilstein/Lovell 2"HD lift, Bushskinz guards & sliders,Tigerz 2x2.5 awning, Toyo Opat 2's, Safari snorkel, SR 3" exhaust

Comment

I had mine mounted behind the dash..with wiring to a plug so you can remove the mic and put it in glove box ...located where the ashtray was.....removed the ashtray and put external speaker there....looks neat
      Attached Files
      2005 NP Pajero - Turbo Diesel DiD Auto- SmartBar, Rhino Roof Racks, full length Cargo barrier, ARB Awning, Bridgestone D697s tyres, ARB SideSteps
      Old Man Emu Coils & Nitrocharger sport shockers 40mm lift from ARB, PP Weather-shields front windows, custom built 3" exhaust system

Comment

I squeezed mine into the empty space to the LEFT of the glove box and ran the mike out of the switches in front of the gear lever (where the aerial switch is). works a treat.
        NW VRX DID, Auto.
        Wish list: a good wash...

Comment

Mine is under the steering wheel on the panel. Nice steel mounting point there.
          2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-mate
          2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
          Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate and NEW RELEASE auto-matePRO

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X