Standard height suspension replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard height suspension replacement

Ok, I have trawled through all the suspension threads but can't quite find the answer to my question.
    What I want to do is replace my tired shocks and springs so I can regain original ride height and better ride, but what I don't need is a suspension lift because I just do sand driving and 4x4 access only camping tracks.
    I have a 2003 3.5L Petrol with LPG, no other accessories but I do load the back with quite a bit when going away. So I figure I will need airbags but what I want to know is what is a good cost effective option to replace the original suspension without putting in a serious 4x4 suspension upgrade? Cheers

The forum would have heaps of second hand shocks and springs but don't go there.
    Lovells do a standard height spring and what ever you want to spend on shocks.
    MY05 NP DiD Auto Platinum. Custom scratches. ARB bar & 12000lbs winch. Maxxis Bighorns. BushSkinz Bash plates & slidders. TJM auto guard. Gear box, trans & diff breathers. Rhino racks & Pod. Awning with LED. Dual batteries. HID Narva 225's. Airtec snorkel. 2" Lovell/Bilstein lift. GME TX3500. Wetseat covers. Pioneer BT deck. Cargo barrier. Beaudesert exhaust. Rear storage & CF80. ARB onboard air. NS 18s for the black top, 80L LRA tank. HPD Catch Can. HPD Intercooler.

Comment

You can buy standard height Lovell springs with Bilstein shocks even from Bushskinz. But most other suspension places will be able to do the same for you. You don't have to buy a lift kit.
      Checkout these couple of pages.....http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/index..._12_22&&page=1
      Last edited by Silver Streak; 10-12-13, 09:30 PM.
      Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
      Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

How does this kit look? I wonder will 40mm lift settle quickly and still allow me to get into car parks with my roof racks on

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/281128610...84.m1423.l2649

Comment

Looks good to me, may be get HD rear springs with your LPG tank and extra gear to save on air bags.
          MY05 NP DiD Auto Platinum. Custom scratches. ARB bar & 12000lbs winch. Maxxis Bighorns. BushSkinz Bash plates & slidders. TJM auto guard. Gear box, trans & diff breathers. Rhino racks & Pod. Awning with LED. Dual batteries. HID Narva 225's. Airtec snorkel. 2" Lovell/Bilstein lift. GME TX3500. Wetseat covers. Pioneer BT deck. Cargo barrier. Beaudesert exhaust. Rear storage & CF80. ARB onboard air. NS 18s for the black top, 80L LRA tank. HPD Catch Can. HPD Intercooler.

Comment

Originally posted by charlie2072 View Post
            How does this kit look? I wonder will 40mm lift settle quickly and still allow me to get into car parks with my roof racks on

I installed Dobinson raised springs recently. You can check how it looks like, scroll to 2d message in the post: http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=35959
            For sale from September:NP Exceed 3.2 DiD Auto \ Bushskinz intercooler+sump\ Dobinsons Raised + KYB Scorched4

Comment

This would probably be OK, Dobinson's are good springs, not sure about their shocks?
              But gee, how high is your Paj now with roof racks? Most shopping centres are 2.2 to 2.3 metres aren't they? So another 40mm should not be a problem. Do you have very high racks, do you?
              Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

Na just normal roof racks, most car parks around here are 1.9m-2.0m so dont want to push my luck. Ive heard good things about the KYB Skorched 4's so maybe Maasau's kit might be the way to go and its about the same price too

Comment

Mines got the 50mm lift, taller tyres and roof bars and my underground height limit is 2.1m
                  2.05m is just toooooo tight, but anything 2.1 and over is fine.
                  Pajero NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto DiD
                  Bilstein shocks / Lovell 2" lifted HD springs / Polyair Bags, Cooper AT3 (265/70/17), Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel, Uniden CB radio with 3+6dB whip antennae, Garmin Nuvi 760, Ironman awning with strip lighting, Rhino Pioneer tray, 42" lightbar, 135Ahr AGM dual batt system, 300W Solar panels, 4" rear work-lights
                  Wishlist : ARB Deluxe bullbar

Comment

Just checked my NT's height with roof racks, just on 2 metres. I have 50mm lift, which is closer to 60mm at the moment (not settled yet) at the rear, but only standard 17" ATR tyres.
                    Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

Comment

Contact Ultimate Suspension, they can customise for your requirements and I would expect can recommend an installer. I have heard nothing but good reports and at a reasonable price.

Any lift figures will be comparing to new springs, yours will have sagged so it will go up with 0 lift.

My safe height with rack is 2.1m.
                      2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.

Comment

interesting choice there..

i owuld get the lift, wether you do camping tracks or not.. if you cross rivers at all its a life saver.. and the day tracks from the camp ground.

also the cost of either is about the same..

as for towing, there are hitches that will allow you to adjust the hight.. err hard to explain... anyway... i still recommend the lift.. to each his own..

easyk
                        My Car is up for Sale => Link to Market Place

Has a current Vic roadworthy (valid from the 28/04/2016)

Comment

I can supply a full dobinsons kit, 4 springs and shocks. It has a nominal lift of 10mm if interested pm me and will send you the prices.

Have sold plenty of dobinsons gear and can vouch for the fact they back their product, have their shocks on a number of vehicles at home with no problems.
                          Current vehicles: 1995 3.5l nj Pajero x 2, 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 Jeep Patriot, 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495
                          Currently wrecking nh gls lwb, nh gl pov pack, 2 x nj gls lwb nl lwb, NH glx manual, 92 L300 delica

Comment

I just put Lovells & Blistein combo 50mm plus height. Back is HD with 20mm spacers and medium in front. HD because I have LPG. Also have roof racks. No problems with 2.1 m height restrictions but 1.9m just may touch.

Good Luck mate.

Just need some new tyres

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X