Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new battery now no climate display on LCD

Hi all,

When I bought my car it had a tiny little 450cca battery in it. I have just replaced it for a century N70ZZ ( terminals back to front but cables reached , just )

Now it looks like I have lost the screen for the climate control on the digital display. Air con still seems to work. No outside temp shown either.

Thinking it may just need a reboot but need ideas if anyone has any.

Cheers Paul.
    Last edited by Burko; 11-12-13, 12:00 PM.
    2001 NM 3.5 Exceed. Whisbar HD roof racks, UHF, HID spots, Elec brake control, air con control moved, K&N air filter. (SOLD )

2017 MQ GLS Triton Auto. Whispbar HD racks. EKO Canopy.

I reckon you've blown the cigarette lighter 15A fuse, this also does the climate display screen.
    06 NP Exceed DID, Bridgestone Dueler 697 AT LT265/65/17s', ARB Dual Battery Tray - 75 AH First Start AGM 2nd battery, Redarc Isolator,TJM Airtec Snorkel, Mits Nudge bar, Roo Lites, Mits Roof Racks, RoofRackWorld Explorer Steel Mesh Roof Tray,Bushskinz Intercooler/Sump Guards, Icom IC-440 UHF, 47 Litre ARB Fridge, Anderson Plug at rear. Lovell's 2" raised HD Springs, KYB Skorched 4s' Shocks, Firestone Airbags .

Comment

Originally posted by Burko View Post
      Hi all,

When I bought my car it had a tiny little 450cca battery in it. I have just replaced it for a century N70ZZ ( terminals back to front but cables reached , just )

Cheers Paul.
      Hi Paul, with your Century battery, how long have you had it? Did you get it from a reputable battery dealer? As with those batteries you can get left and right hand terminal configurations. I don't know you may have bought it privately?? or something?, but if you can take it back, do so. For my NT it was N70ZZL4WD (lefthand)
      This has nothing to do with you dash problem though, just stretching your battery leads is a pain.
      Last edited by Silver Streak; 11-12-13, 01:08 PM.
      Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
      Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

Thanks Morton, will have a look tonight after work.

Silver, it was a battery I have had in my possession for a couple of years now. Took it out of my Surf as it was too good to give away. Wire stretch didn't take much, just cut a little bit of tape and there was room.
        2001 NM 3.5 Exceed. Whisbar HD roof racks, UHF, HID spots, Elec brake control, air con control moved, K&N air filter. (SOLD )

Comment

Try this..

Try the following think you'll find it'll do the trick for you:

Trouble Shooting RV/Temp Reset & Fix HERE

Let us know how you go too!

Gus.
          VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
          NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

Definitely check your fuses. My screen wouldn't work the other day with the key on ACC and I had blown my fusible link under the bonnet next to the battery.
            2003 NP Pajero GLS 3.2 DID.

E.C. Bullbar, USB/Bluetooth Stereo, Cabin Filter Mod, 20% tint, Bridgestone AT LT 265/70/16, EGR Blanks, Bonnet Protector, Engine Guardian, Boost/Oil Pressure/Volt Gauges + Huge Wish list

Comment

weird. My car had a tiny RACV pos battery in it when I got it, and the barometer and outside temp didn't work. I replaced it with a proper battery and now they work.
              NM- 33.1's, 2" Lift, Tranny, diff and TC breathers, underbody protection

Comment

The temp reading on my NM wasn't working either. Put in a new battery and all of a sudden it was working again.
                2002 DiD NM Pajero

Comment

Originally posted by Gus View Post
                  Try the following think you'll find it'll do the trick for you:

Trouble Shooting RV/Temp Reset & Fix HERE

Let us know how you go too!

Gus.

Thanks Gus will keep that stored for future reference.

Really need to have a sticky with links to common things though. this would be one of them I guess. Would make life so much easier, the search function is almost next to useless in my opinion.

Cheers Paul

oh, haven't looked at it yet. battery had been sitting for a while and only just cranked motor over, need to take for good run to fully charge back up. that may indicate problem.

Comment

It's easier to do a google search such as ' LCD screen rooted pajero club' and it will bring it up for you. There is a way to just search a site using google but I forget the exact term you use.

E.C. Bullbar, USB/Bluetooth Stereo, Cabin Filter Mod, 20% tint, Bridgestone AT LT 265/70/16, EGR Blanks, Bonnet Protector, Engine Guardian, Boost/Oil Pressure/Volt Gauges + Huge Wish list

Comment

Originally posted by brentw View Post
                      It's easier to do a google search such as ' LCD screen rooted pajero club' and it will bring it up for you. There is a way to just search a site using google but I forget the exact term you use.
                      site: pajero 4wd club victoria, then search term

as in

https://www.google.com.au/#q=site:+p...er+not+working

or for the dummies (lol)

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site%3A+pajero+...er+not+working

MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. My14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

Love from the dime a dozen, lonely army type/weekend warrior dude with a dual cab and all the same shit as everyone else who doesn't know any better. Thanks for the tip Bru.

NX buildhttps://www.pajeroforum.com.au/core/...ive%5B1%5D.gif

My Journeys

Comment

I didn't know how to do that in Google, thank you.

I did try this though.
                        Attached Files

Comment

well it seems the reset worked.

until i blew the fuse...........

mounting a relay in dash to run accessories like UHF etc without them drawing all power from any other device. probing around found acc power behind rv display, great, use it to trigger relay.

blew the fuse though and now i have no rv or dash lights. seems Mits don't believe in throwing in some spare fuses and this is my first car with those tiny little fuses. awesome.

BTW, the fuse panel in front of my right knee. there is a flap with a picture on it but actual fuse panel is further down and under so you can't access through flap anyways. Is this normal? Seems silly to me.

Comment

Yep it's normal. I have no idea why they made it so hard to get to. If they are all okay then there are more fuses next to the battery.

Comment

Have just spent 3 evenings trying to sort out my acc power in dash. I installed a relay in dash to run a bigger power wire direct from battery that only turns on with acc. First I grabbed power from behind RV meter, just kept blowing fuses so thought hhhmmm,, must be sensitive to power. then grabbed acc power from behind radio to trigger relay. fuses blow then too. Started thinking WTF am I doing wrong. ( Electronics tech by trade before you start thinking. )

Brand new relay ( hella brand ) shorted over coil. I rewired everything 3 times and was pulling hair out on that one.

Anyways, sorted my power issues out, now the RV meter keeps needing resetting every 2nd trip. I.e. no outside temp or display for climate control. Still haven't calibrated compass but figure if I need to do I will wait till I fix reset problem.

Thoughts now?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X