Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OEM style rocker switches

Hi all,

I have started to install my HID spotties and was wondering about where to get a rocker switch that would match those in front of gear shift for power aerial and rear air con etc.

Have a couple of blank spaces there and would like to match the car.

Aftermarket ones seem to be square hole rather than the round edge that these have.

Oh, and would like it to say lights or spot lights not just grab a sw from a wreck which has something different on it.

Cheers Paul
    2001 NM 3.5 Exceed. Whisbar HD roof racks, UHF, HID spots, Elec brake control, air con control moved, K&N air filter. (SOLD )

2017 MQ GLS Triton Auto. Whispbar HD racks. EKO Canopy.

I dont believe that you will be able to exactly match the switch to the factory ones, however you could use one of the fog lamp swithches , either front or rear.

Would mean a bit of mucking around with wiring etc , but doable. The only problem I ran up against is that the factory fog switches reset when the ign is turned off, which may or may not be problem for you.
    NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers

Comment

You have a few options.

Genuine Mitsubishi switches come with a front fog light logo or a rear fog light logo, pictured below. There is also a double switch, not pictured that splits the switch in two parts for front and rear fogs.

The issue is that Mitsubishi, in their wisdom, make all these switches momentary so that the ECU turns the lights off when the ignition is turned off. This, amongst other things, helps to stop people "forgetting" to turn off their fog lights when not required.

Since the switch is momentary you will need to use a latching relay to duplicate what the ECU normally does for the fogs. However, the relay must be able to switch on and off using a single switch, not two different switches as the the more common type. To achieve this you may need to construct the electronics needed or buy a pre-made board which has a small relay that you can then use to switch your main relay for the lights.

Needs a little work but, if you like the "factory" look, as I do, then well worth it.
      Chris

Comment

yeah not interested in using the fog light sw option.

Too hard and in wrong spot and I use my fog lights when needed.

Was really wanting to put sw in one of the blanks in front of gear lever.
        2001 NM 3.5 Exceed. Whisbar HD roof racks, UHF, HID spots, Elec brake control, air con control moved, K&N air filter. (SOLD )

2017 MQ GLS Triton Auto. Whispbar HD racks. EKO Canopy.

Comment

Have a look at the two switches at the bottom of the page:

http://www.narva.com.au/products/browse/standard

These fit, but you need to spend 5 mins with a file squaring out the radius-ed corners of the console.

Aprox $20 from any narva supplier/auto shop repco etc.

pictured is one in-situ next to the cluster dimmer. They are the same at the console, I just dont have a pic to share.

MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. My14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

Love from the dime a dozen, lonely army type/weekend warrior dude with a dual cab and all the same shit as everyone else who doesn't know any better. Thanks for the tip Bru.

NX buildhttps://www.pajeroforum.com.au/core/...ive%5B1%5D.gif

My Journeys

Comment

Latching relay module for momentary switches

Probably bad etiquette to post in a 2 year old thread, however I wanted to use a switch that kept a clean install exactly like the OP. Specifically I wanted to use the Euro market split fog light switch - both front and rear in the same hole.

I used this premade module from a UK supplier. The FOG-901 which does exactly what is needed when using a Mitsu momentary switch. Convert it to function as a latching switch.

I installed it for my aux lights and it worked perfect.

http://www.abeltronics.co.uk/product...action/fog-901
            Attached Files
            Last edited by 1743371; 16-03-15, 05:15 AM.
            2005 Montero Limited (NP Exceed) OME medium duty front and rear, Bilsteins, Asfir aluminum skidplates (Engine, Transmission and Rear Air Con), HID projectors retrofit with power level adjustment, Clarion NX505 Double-Din Nav, 18" Shogun Rims, ARB Sahara Bar color matched with PIAA 540 Fogs and Clearwater Lights Sevina LEDs, Superwinch TigerShark 9500 Synthetic, Power Folding Mirrors mod

Comment

you can get rocker switches that will fit intot he planks
              just google missubishi rocker switches
              ive seen them on ebay or gumtree
              2002 nm exceed3.5 petrol tjm bar safari snorkel 2 inch ironma lift 265/75/16 geolandars roofracks pioneer dvd kicker sub under seat dual battery onboard air and tank and a shelf setup in the back.

Comment

The thread here has a link to a seller on Ebay that has them, Air on Board.

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=43729

Matt
                05 NP Pajero Platinum 3.2DID Auto

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X