Ad below navbar

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nm aircon

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • nm aircon

    just upgraded from an NL to a NM
    air con switch is doing strange things
    turn fan to number one push switch aircon starts (hear compressor kicking in)but no air
    turn fan to number 2 and aircon cuts out but fans blow
    thought it was switch bought another one and it does same
    (could be two faulty switches) but has anyone had this

  • #2
    Go and get an aircon service. Could be any of a number of things.
    Cheers, John.
    LC200 V8 goodness

    MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
    Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by roby02 View Post
      just upgraded from an NL to a NM
      air con switch is doing strange things
      turn fan to number one push switch aircon starts (hear compressor kicking in)but no air
      turn fan to number 2 and aircon cuts out but fans blow
      thought it was switch bought another one and it does same
      (could be two faulty switches) but has anyone had this
      The fan speeds are controlled through a series of resistors, usually mounted in the duct just downstream from the fan. Sounds like the low speed one has open circuited. You can probably locate it on the underside held in by two screws. Take it to a wrecker or dealer. So long as Ohms & mounting are similiar then any make will do.

      Comment


      • #4
        thanks
        when you say underside is that the underside of the fan housing

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by roby02 View Post
          thanks
          when you say underside is that the underside of the fan housing
          Yes. the resistors are in the air stream off the fan to keep them cool. They are like radiator coils.
          Of course just to confuse, yours maybe on side or top. But usually in bottom.

          Comment


          • #6
            so is this the little sucker was screwed up into air duct next to motorClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0180.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	190.9 KB
ID:	968127

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by roby02 View Post
              so is this the little sucker was screwed up into air duct next to motor[ATTACH]21702[/ATTACH]
              That looks like it. should have 3 to 5 pins depending on number of speeds. Take it to someone capable of checking its ohms

              Comment


              • #8
                cheers

                Comment

                Matched content

                Collapse
                Working...
                X