Power Window wont go down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Window wont go down

Hi, My Front Passenger power window wont go down. I press the up button and I see & hear it trying to go up more, but when I press down I hear and see nothing, like its dead. I tried the switch from the left rear, and I get the same problem > all up but no down, so the switch is not faulty because the left rear is fine.
    I'm wondering if I need to go further and take off the door trim (I did that already ... before I realized I could pry off the switch without going to that trouble ) ... I might then need to peel of the plastic seal that protects the motor and all that.. to get to the window motor and have a look at that. but I thought Id check for ideas first before I do all that.
    Any ideas please??
    2004 NP Exceed.
    Thanks!
    David (AWDC.com.au member)

you should remove the door trim card and see if you can see the mechanism, your issue could be something jammed stopping the window down control.
    if you can disconnect the motor from gearing in this door then try the switch you will then get some idea what the issue is. don,t play around with the window motor anymore until you do this as damage can occur.
    NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

thank you, I've taken off the trim and seal, checked the voltage TO the motor from the switch and verified the +ve 12v and -ve 12v as I move the switch from up to down. I also got a copy of the Service Manual and the troubleshooting guide says ..

inspection Procedure D-7
      Symptom: "Power window: the glass is jammed in the window - The cause may be a malfunction of the revolution detection sensor in the power window motor."
      Probable cause:" Malfunction of the power window motor"
      Action: "Replace the power window motor"

--but the motor isn't broken as it goes up but not down... so I think that there is an issue not with the motor, but the control unit for the motor which is in the "MITSUBISHI PAJERO WINDOW REGULATOR" Kit - which I can buy from EBAY second hand for $75.00

problem is getting the window out, replacing the regulator and motor kit is a painful task ...

does that sound about right to you??

Comment

window doesnt need to come out to replace the regulator, you can do it with the glass in place.

sounds like the wire has snapped and jammed.
        Current vehicles: 1995 3.5l nj Pajero x 2, 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 Jeep Patriot, 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495
        Currently wrecking nh gls lwb, nh gl pov pack, 2 x nj gls lwb nl lwb, NH glx manual, 92 L300 delica

Comment

Hold on, first check the actual switch isnt dirty/corroded

I owned an AU falcon in the past which this model was notorious for having the contacts in the switches build up with crud which made the window operation stop moving one way. Pulling apart the switches, and scraping the contacts fixed it

Dunno if the pajero switches are the same, but its worth a look

edit: just read the main switch isnt the issue
          2005 NP GLX Pajero 3.8L 5sp auto 198,000km

Comment

Originally posted by Mitsu Miyagi View Post
            Hold on, first check the actual switch isnt dirty/corroded

I owned an AU falcon in the past which this model was notorious for having the contacts in the switches build up with crud which made the window operation stop moving one way. Pulling apart the switches, and scraping the contacts fixed it

Dunno if the pajero switches are the same, but its worth a look

edit: just read the main switch isnt the issue
            He has already confirmed switch is ok by swapping it with a known working one in his first post.
            Current vehicles: 1995 3.5l nj Pajero x 2, 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 Jeep Patriot, 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495
            Currently wrecking nh gls lwb, nh gl pov pack, 2 x nj gls lwb nl lwb, NH glx manual, 92 L300 delica

Comment

Originally posted by schnitzel View Post
              window doesnt need to come out to replace the regulator, you can do it with the glass in place.

sounds like the wire has snapped and jammed.
              Considering how many electric windows are out there they are bloody reliable.
              As schnitzel says if the glass is up your right to change in situ.
              .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
              NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

Mine died, then fixed itself, my sisters paj pass window died, fixed itself then died again,
                Common fault .?
                NX ARB bar totally stock,, for now and the trusty old NM Exceed ,Injected LPG. ARB Sahara bar 12000lb Tigerz11winch,Lightforce genisis ,2x stealth LED bars, rear LED reverse light, GU Patrol black wheels 32"BFGs ,custom alloy roof rack with twin awnings,, snorkel, Milford barrier, custom rear storage ,triple batteries,fridge slide,Pioneer touchscreen unit, 50L Waeco,UHF,lots of scratches down the sides, new super powerful engine!,bash plates, 3" lift,polyairs Dobinsons,extractors ,Maxtrax

Comment

Originally posted by green monster View Post
                  Mine died, then fixed itself, my sisters paj pass window died, fixed itself then died again,
                  Common fault .?
                  Self healing windows... Now that's a cool feature
                  2000 NM Paj - 2.5 Inch Lift - 81 Long Range tank - UHF - Rhino Rack - Dual Batteries - Hella 4000 Spotties - ARB Bar - Cargo Barrier - Custom Shelves - GPS Screen - Garmin GPS - Snorkle - Ox TJM Winch - MT MTZ - Polly Bags - Front ARB Locker - 50&60ltr Waeco....http://www.steveandviv.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by green monster View Post
                    Common fault .?
                    faulty earth?
                    faulty switch?
                    faulty connectors?
                    My Car is up for Sale => Link to Market Place

Has a current Vic roadworthy (valid from the 28/04/2016)

Comment

Originally posted by greybeard40 View Post
                      Hi, My Front Passenger power window wont go down. I press the up button and I see & hear it trying to go up more, but when I press down I hear and see nothing, like its dead. I tried the switch from the left rear, and I get the same problem > all up but no down, so the switch is not faulty because the left rear is fine.
                      I'm wondering if I need to go further and take off the door trim (I did that already ... before I realized I could pry off the switch without going to that trouble ) ... I might then need to peel of the plastic seal that protects the motor and all that.. to get to the window motor and have a look at that. but I thought Id check for ideas first before I do all that.
                      Any ideas please??
                      2004 NP Exceed.
                      Thanks!
                      David (AWDC.com.au member)
                      You may have already checked but will mention it just in case. Are you sure the safety switch in front of the electric window controls on drivers door is not on? If it is it will allow you to put the windows up (from drivers door controls only) but not down.
                      02 NM 3.5v6 auto Exceed, seq gas inj,265/75/16 Wild Peaks,16x8 Ballistic alloys, 2.5" cat back, wild cat headers, Lovells HD/TJM Gold Series,30mm coil spacers in rear, dual batt, TJM/bushskinz, 4x4 equip axe & shovel holder, rev cam, 50L Waeco, Megapulse, poly airs, Safari snorkel, K&N, MM alloy b/bar, Roo Lite's, 21" light bar,remote mount UHF, extended breathers, ARB comp, Maxtrax, RTT, Batwing awning & much more!

my videos http://www.youtube.com/user/michealmannion?feature=mhee

Comment

That would be a cracker.
                        .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
                        NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

Well looks like I have a little investigating to do my passenger side window won't go down either..(drivers S/W not working either), & yes I double checked that the window lock was off.. What did you end up doing with yours .?.

Gus
                          VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
                          NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

Watching this one with interest as I notice occasionally, one or both of my rear windows refuse to go down yet later when I try them, they work - ie. seems to be an intermittent thing - and no, it's not the override switch on the driver's door, although I have been caught with that from time to time.

Geoff
                            03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

Originally posted by Gus View Post
                              Well looks like I have a little investigating to do my passenger side window won't go down either..(drivers S/W not working either), & yes I double checked that the window lock was off.. What did you end up doing with yours .?.

Gus
                              Originally posted by GHendo View Post
                              Watching this one with interest as I notice occasionally, one or both of my rear windows refuse to go down yet later when I try them, they work - ie. seems to be an intermittent thing - and no, it's not the override switch on the driver's door, although I have been caught with that from time to time.

Geoff

Well after being lazy & my wife telling me to get the bloody thing fixed 😳

I pulled the trim off checked power to motor swapped s/w with rear still no joy but while doing so could hear the motor wine 😳 Bugger after 3 months all I had to do was free the bloody window stuck in place around top... 😐

Job done.. *note to self clean the bloody windows properly 😡

Gus 😎
                              VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
                              NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X