Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd row seats are STUCK in!!

HI everyone!

I am removing the 3rd row of seats for extra luggage space, and I have done it before, I know to lower the front leg bar down and it just slides out right??

Well, the left side comes out fine, but the right side is jammed in so tight, I can't get it to budge.

I have speed with WD40 etc and still no avail?

Any suggestions? Mitsubishi want to charge me $125 just to look at it, then what ever on top of that!!

Thanks,

Liz

Try going to a local mechanic and get them to have a go at it. Could just need a man and a BIG hammer. Sexist I know but men can fix anything with a hammer.
    NT 2010 GLX Police Pack, Auto 3.2 Diesel, Smartbar, Warn XD9000 Winch and Rear Diff Lock. Cooper AT3s on Factoty Alloys, 45mm lift TJM XGS GOLD front & rear, S/D with Poly air bags Rear and HD Front , Bushskinz I/C guard, TJM T/F Case And G/Box guards, Duel Battery setup with Redarc Isolator and Redarc electric brake controller.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Fester View Post
      Try going to a local mechanic and get them to have a go at it. Could just need a man and a BIG hammer. Sexist I know but men can fix anything with a hammer.
      Ha ha, Thanks Uncle Fester…… I have bashed it with a hammer, screw driver and even swore at it, and swearing at things usually helps…. but not in this case! LOL

Comment

Have you tried pushing the side you can get out back in a putting it back under the floor a few times and then try to get the side that is stuck out first? If you were up my way I would have a look at it for you and if unable to get it out easily we could snatch strap it out.
        NT 2010 GLX Police Pack, Auto 3.2 Diesel, Smartbar, Warn XD9000 Winch and Rear Diff Lock. Cooper AT3s on Factoty Alloys, 45mm lift TJM XGS GOLD front & rear, S/D with Poly air bags Rear and HD Front , Bushskinz I/C guard, TJM T/F Case And G/Box guards, Duel Battery setup with Redarc Isolator and Redarc electric brake controller.

Comment

Put your hand along the outside of the catch, there's a small steel pin that you either push or pull ( sorry , been a long time so i can't remember which) that releases the catch. Sometimes it comes loose, or can get bent. I have had the same problem ages ago. Once you find it, it will come out really easily without the hammers.

If you can't get it, let me know and I will have a look at it in the morning and maybe get pic to make it clearer.

Comment

mine has a small release lever at back of seat
            after folding seats down pulled lever then wriggled out of locks

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X