Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing Belt DIY pdf?

Hi all,

After selling my Gen 2 Pajero 6 months ago I'm back with a Gen 3 Paj, details and pics soon to come. I'll will probably need to do the timing belt etc sooner rather than later. I keep reading about a good guide on how to do it, but most weblinks are broken. I was wondering if anyone would be able to PM a good link or the actual file please.

Thanks
    Chris
    NS 3.2 - Roo Bar, Warn Winch, UHF, Bilstein/Lovells, Engine/tranny watchdog, HikeIT, LED headlights, EGR delete, DPF delete, Catch Can

Mitsubishi Links, or some thing like that, there is a thread on here somewhere with the link....got the full workshop manual in PDF. Did the Timing on my old NL a couple of years ago, wasn't to bad to do,just watch the little plate on the crankshaft for the crank angle sensor, mine slipped off on rebuild and had to pull the whole lot off again.
    2003 NP Exceed. STOCK STANDARD.......at this stage

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

I've been through mitsubishi links but I can't find anything apart the manuals. I believe there is a document somewhere, I'm trying to locate.
      NS 3.2 - Roo Bar, Warn Winch, UHF, Bilstein/Lovells, Engine/tranny watchdog, HikeIT, LED headlights, EGR delete, DPF delete, Catch Can

Comment

Send Pickle a pm. I think that's where I got a copy from.
        Cheers, Mike.
        The story so far.....03 NP with fruit -Sold.
        My15 NX. ARB Steel Bar. LED spots. Dobinson MRR lift. Outback Exhaust Fat Pipe. Intervolt DC Pro Dual Battery setup. Provent. SPi module. MM4X4 Lockup Mate, Paddle Mate & Paddle Shift. Mako 12,000 winch with Dyneema.

I'm the boss of my marriage.....my wife said i could say that!

Comment

thanks Stinky, you share my daughter's nickname!

Comment

Funnily enough it's not my nickname, it's the wife's. I just stole it for a username.
            The story so far.....03 NP with fruit -Sold.
            My15 NX. ARB Steel Bar. LED spots. Dobinson MRR lift. Outback Exhaust Fat Pipe. Intervolt DC Pro Dual Battery setup. Provent. SPi module. MM4X4 Lockup Mate, Paddle Mate & Paddle Shift. Mako 12,000 winch with Dyneema.

I'm the boss of my marriage.....my wife said i could say that!

Comment

good one Stinky.

I have a question regarding the cam gears and the crankshaft gear. When you remove these gears to fit new seals, how do they go back on their respective shafts without losing their position i.e timing.

I understand you have to align the dots on the gear with the lines on the block, is that how it's done or the gear can only fit on the shaft in a particular rotation?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Chris, the camshaft and crank pulleys can only go on one way, from memory, the cam sprocket has a dowel on it to locate and the crank pulley is on a keyway, so you can't go wrong, just make sure whenever a keyway is used, the key is located correctly when you slide the pulley over.
                2004 NP exceed DI-D: Bilstein/Lovell 2"HD lift, Bushskinz guards & sliders,Tigerz 2x2.5 awning, Toyo Opat 2's, Safari snorkel, SR 3" exhaust

Comment

thanks xxxceed, that clears things very well.

Life is so much easier with this forum

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X