Automatic Transmission flush/Brake Fluid flush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic Transmission flush/Brake Fluid flush

At my last service (202500km) the mechanic recommended at the 210000km service I also get an Auto Transmission flush and a Brake fluid flush. Can any forum members advise what these flushes would achieve/are they required or is the mechanic just adding an extra cost onto the service bill.

And yes before anyone comments, I have done a search of the forum and cannot find any info on these flushes.

I have a 2003 NP diesel auto that is serviced as per logbook (auto oil to be changed at 210k).

All info appreciated

Ta,
    Loz

Originally posted by ferret View Post
    At my last service (202500km) the mechanic recommended at the 210000km service I also get an Auto Transmission flush and a Brake fluid flush. Can any forum members advise what these flushes would achieve/are they required or is the mechanic just adding an extra cost onto the service bill.

And yes before anyone comments, I have done a search of the forum and cannot find any info on these flushes.

I have a 2003 NP diesel auto that is serviced as per logbook (auto oil to be changed at 210k).

All info appreciated

Ta,
    Loz
    I have the same veh & yes it is VERY important.

The brake fluid absorbs moisture over time & thereby can rust out the cylinders (it is not an oil but a fluid that becomes corrosive)

The Trans fluid absorbs moisture, &, more critically, builds up particles of metal & fibre from the internals. With recommended changes (importantly with the correct specified oil) these Transmissions last a long time.

Comment

Hi, I would also recommend the changing of both fluids, with the trans though, I only use genuine oil, also, don't get conned into using an additive with the trans flush.
      2004 NP exceed DI-D: Bilstein/Lovell 2"HD lift, Bushskinz guards & sliders,Tigerz 2x2.5 awning, Toyo Opat 2's, Safari snorkel, SR 3" exhaust

Comment

Don't use auto trans flush, it's out there but it's not needed.
        The drain, fill, flush and topup method is a tried and true method that works. Around 20ltrs is what most people have been going through for a good flush.
        97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
        97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

this should have been done at the 200K service . yes a full flush out / change of both fluid types is needed.
          NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X