nm petrol pajero radiator upgrade?? help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nm petrol pajero radiator upgrade?? help

Good day all just over the weekend my radiator has gone it ended up splitting at the plastic On the top of the radiator now I'm chassing a fully aloy radiator some What likete dssert cooler radiator I want something more heavy duty as I do tow a 3 horse float along with gear etc and don't want my vehicle to over heat the last few weks the temp gauge has playedup I replaced the thermostat and waterpump and flushed thesystem twice also did I replace the crappy hose clamps they have On these Any how if Any one knows of a decent setup for the manual v6 pajero or have a link to it would appreciate it thank you

Happy holidays and hope every one enjoys the christmass
    Cheers alex

Have also put a new temp sender unit in too aswell as the new hose clamps and flushing etc and put new coolant in the nulon green 100% concentrate and mixed it a 50:50 mix and had air bubbles bled out she always use to rise even without Any load and On idling or On the highway but would rise up and down from about just under half to over he full h

Comment

firsly have you had the cooloing fan looked at ? when these clutch type fans play up you will get the overheating problems your getting now. look into this before you go out and buy a larger cored radiator as you could be waisting money on a new radiator where its the fan issue.
      NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

Save your money. Check the fan clutch and put a new stock DiD radiator in it. You'll get another 200,000km out of it and the DID one has a thicker core. The cooling system on these is otherwise quite well up to the job even when towing.

Pat
        16 Mitsu NX Pajero GLX
        10 Ford LV Focus ST / XR5

Comment

Hi
          Google winner racing , 54mm alloy radiator, will solve ur problems I towed a 3 horse too with DID 26mm and was not up to job .
          And fit an Engine Watchdog digital gauge and stop all the guessing on temp gauge accuracy !!!!!
          Cheers
          Greg
          NP diesel , Cross Country Intercooler , Cooper AT3, Optima dual batteries, TM 4 Engine Watchdog,Bilsteins and Kings, 54mm Heavy Duty radiator

Comment

sounds good but only 26mm core on the DiD engines ? my core on the NM is a good 35 to 40 mm. my aircon core is around the 20mm mark.
            NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

Sorry Dolphin
              Was talking NP !!!
              Cheers
              Greg
              NP diesel , Cross Country Intercooler , Cooper AT3, Optima dual batteries, TM 4 Engine Watchdog,Bilsteins and Kings, 54mm Heavy Duty radiator

Comment

Second the clutch fan, see my thread here:

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36226

I changed much that I didn't need to chasing my overheating issues, including radiator.
                Adelaide
                2004 NP Exceed 3.8 V6, SVI LPG, Factory alloy bar and sunroof, 55w HID converted IPF spots, Safari Snorkel, custom rear storage/fold out sleeping platform, Alpine iLX-007E Apple CarPlay head unit & reverse cam

Comment

Cheers guys pulled out my radiator today its only like 22mm the core as compaired tonthe one On the old mans ss he has like a 52mm one yeah I was thinking as a dessert cooler or a pwr radiator I'll check out that link mate and fan clutch work well thanks

Comment

NM petrols have a circuit board problem that causes eratic temp gauge behaviour. well documented on here somewhere.

Comment

Yeah, absolutely, temp gauge is a know issue.

Bit from my understanding, the temp gauge is a random intermittent thing which causes the needle to go full temp one moment and normal the next.

If the needle raises only in hot weather, low traffic speeds, towing on hills or sand etc, it's likely a legitimate issue.
                      Adelaide
                      2004 NP Exceed 3.8 V6, SVI LPG, Factory alloy bar and sunroof, 55w HID converted IPF spots, Safari Snorkel, custom rear storage/fold out sleeping platform, Alpine iLX-007E Apple CarPlay head unit & reverse cam

Comment

hi darwiniandude. only posting it in this thread as it hadn't been mentioned yet.,

when I had 'wandering temp gauge syndrome' I managed to positively confirm it by using the following method described by another valued member -
                        turn ignition on but do not start car - watch gauge for 10 minutes - if temp gauge starts moving around you have an infected circuit board.

cheers - pup

Comment

Originally posted by puppy View Post
                          hi darwiniandude. only posting it in this thread as it hadn't been mentioned yet.,

when I had 'wandering temp gauge syndrome' I managed to positively confirm it by using the following method described by another valued member -
                          turn ignition on but do not start car - watch gauge for 10 minutes - if temp gauge starts moving around you have an infected circuit board.

cheers - pup
                          cheers will give it a go as I did the temp gauge

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X