How to Access/Reset codes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Access/Reset codes.

Hi All, After Putting a new gas control box on the Paj( old box wouldn't let the engine stop while running on petrol,even with key out and ignition off), the engine warning light is still on, I can't remember which buttons I push while turning on the ingnition to access the codes on the center screen. I have done this before and I believe that I can also reset the codes from memory. Any help would be appreciated.

Kev
    2000 NM,Duel Fuel, 50mm Lift, ARB Bar,Ironman 12000lb Winch, Lightforce spots, Cooper ST's 265/75, 285/75 MT Baja Claws on Gu Rims, Milford, Drawer system, Dual Batteries, 60lt Engel, Carputer with 8 inch touch screen. Beer, Wife, Kids and sometimes dogs.

Didnt think you could access fault codes from it, but if you hold down ADJ for about 10 seconds while you turn on the key it will let you into a semi diagnostic mode.

Pat
    16 Mitsu NX Pajero GLX
    10 Ford LV Focus ST / XR5

Comment

First I've heard of it too... thought you needed to connect the lappy into it.

Would be good though...

That diagnostic mode doesn't really tell you much lol
      Ąđżą aka Adam
      2004 NP Pajero
      Bullbar, Towbar, Snorkel, ARB Compressor, BFG M/T, D/Lights, TJM Bash, Dual Battery, Tait UHF, AM CB, Waeco, Lovells, Billies, Barrier

Comment

To erase codes simply disconnect battery for 10 sec. To read them you need a scanner.
        1992 GLS Auto, 285/75R16 Yoko MT, ARB bull bar, custom rear bumper, Safari snorkel, AirLift1000, GAST compressor, ARB locker, etc
        2002 GL Auto, 285/75R16 TrXus MT for fun, 275/70R16 Scorpion ATR for life, towbar, Thomas Comrpessor

Comment

For starters, there is no way you can read engine ecu error codes on the dash by holding down any buttons!

Consult a repair manual, or speak to somebody with tools who can read and reset codes!

Disconnecting the battery won't reset hard faults, or ABS/SRS codes!

Comment

Thanks fella's, It was the semi diagnostics I was after. Problem sorted now. I should cover the gas controller boxs when I wash the mud out of the engine bay.

Thanks

Kev
            2000 NM,Duel Fuel, 50mm Lift, ARB Bar,Ironman 12000lb Winch, Lightforce spots, Cooper ST's 265/75, 285/75 MT Baja Claws on Gu Rims, Milford, Drawer system, Dual Batteries, 60lt Engel, Carputer with 8 inch touch screen. Beer, Wife, Kids and sometimes dogs.

Comment

It's not even "semi" I guess - just shows you volts, basic ABS and communications check and a couple of other things I can't remember. I do know it is fairly useless.

But on the topic, has anyone bought / used one of the OBD2 code scanners?

Pat
              16 Mitsu NX Pajero GLX
              10 Ford LV Focus ST / XR5

Comment

Yes, was the best $240 I've ever spent.

http://www.scangauge.com/

Full diagnostics, monitors everything on a small display, just plug it into your service connector.
                "Percussive Maintenance : The fine art of whacking the crap out of something to get it to work again"

Comment

Originally posted by mr_grumble View Post
                  Yes, was the best $240 I've ever spent.

http://www.scangauge.com/

Full diagnostics, monitors everything on a small display, just plug it into your service connector.
                  The trip computer part doesn't work though does it ? I seem to remember this was discussed on another topic previously.

The one thing I really want on my NM is a trip computer with fuel consumption. Who knows why Mitsu Aus didn't include it on the RV meter when overseas models have it.

Comment

There must be a way to get the RVmeter to do the trip meter thing. Maybe some jumpers inside?
                    Have a Gunmetal Grey NS V6 Exceed. Already raised with lovells, Poly airs, Colour coded ARB bullbar, Sidewinder Dual Batteries, WAECO CF50.... Just moved to Perth, wife and 2 girls and a bloody big boy dog.

Build Racing bikes in my spare time - check out the link: http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f120/

Comment

The service connector on the NP didn't look like the standard OBD type connector. Does it use the standard OBDII protocol but just has a different plug on it?

I have a diagnostic tool I use on my commodore but never tried on the Pajero as the plug is not right.

Comment

Hi,
                        Just wondering were the connector is located in the NP pajero and what it looks like?

Thanks in advance
                        Guy
                        Cheers

GUY JOLLIFFE
                        2004 NP DiD Anniversary, ARB bar, Cooper HP Sport, 2x100 Narva Spots, 2x100 Hella 550 Spots, HD Mits TowBar, Mits Roof Racks, Rear Cargo Tray.

Comment

Hi All,

just use OBDII. It works. I have the reader and the software.
                          Chronix

NP 2005, OME Lift Kit, Customized Winch Bar, Customized Rear Bar, Warn Winch XD9000i, Customized Side Step, ARB Air Locker.

Comment

So if it uses OBDII then the scangauge should work. www.scangauge.com

Can anyone confirm if the trip computer and fuel consumption part of the scanguage works on an NM, because I'm fairly sure that on the previous forum that someone said it didn't !?

hey chronix, where are you located ? it's possible that the Aus cars are not OBDII. Certainly the US ones would be.
                            Last edited by jol; 15-08-07, 09:47 PM.

Comment

As I said above, the connector is not an OBDII connector, but I have no idea if it uses the OBDII protocol or not, can't imagine it would be different betwen countries though

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X