pajero vibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pajero vibration

can anyone help, vibration comes in at 80 k goes at 90k,replaced rear bushes,2 uni joints,rear gearbox mounts, rear tyres, 4 shocks, balanced tailshaft, two mitsubishi dealers have been unable to find problem, checked flange aling,wheel align,vehicle is 96 pajero gls 245ks.

Maybe you have got a buckle in one of the wheels?
    Last edited by nicko; 03-08-07, 10:20 PM.
    2005 PLATINUM EDITION 3.8 V6, COOPER ST'S LOVELL SPRINGS, BILSTEIN SHOCKS, ARB WINCH BAR, MAGNUM WINCH, LIGHTFORCE SPOTTIES,TJM BASH PLATES, SUMP GUARD, TRANSMISSION GUARD, DUAL BATTERY, 60 LTR TRAIL BLAZER FRIDGE

Comment

Cracked wheel? Buckled inside rim on wheel. I had a similar problem on a Falcon years ago - Bob Jane (Chermside in Brisbane) spent hours on it; and eventually found a buckled wheel. It was barely visible - but once replaced - no problem!

Comment

Kevin
        Have you had any change of tyres or balance?

I had a similar problem that only begun when I replaced my tyres at 180,000. The vibration came on around 85kmh. It turned out to be wheel balance.

It is a very long story but 3 brands of tyres were tried, 3 tyre dealers were involved, about 15 wheel balances by tyre dealers, and steering components replaced, shock absorbers replaced, wheel bearings tensioned, free wheel hubs fitted.

Finally it was resolved at a local Bob Jane tyre dealer who had not previously been involved. They did a "position balance"

Evidently they strip the wheels and balance the empty wheels (noting the heavy/light spots on the wheels) before refitting the tyres, positioning the tyres to match the wheel's characteristics. When they did this mine became perfect.

It cost about $100 but I consider it well worth it. I was about to get uni joints replaced and tail shaft rebalanced which obviously would not have made any difference.
        1999 3.5 NL Exceed Auto, Adelaide, South Australia

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X