Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to confirm is if an Exceed is really an Exceed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to confirm is if an Exceed is really an Exceed?

Hi all,

Looking at purchasing a 2000 Exceed, but it looks like a GLS to me.
    It has a couple Exceed features, but is missing a few too.

It has leather seats & wood accented steering wheel.
    It doesn't have any wood dash trims at all, no chrome mirrors, no chrome taillight garnishes.
    As far as I knew, all NM Exceeds had all the above, correct me if I'm wrong.

But the owner believes it is an Exceed and says the rego paper says so.

Any other way I can confirm if it's really an Exceed?
    Obviously I'm not bothered about it actually having the features or not, my worry is "worst case scenario" of mismatched identity, etc. (slim chance I know but you can never be too careful)

Get the VIN & check with Mitsubishi.

Also, be sure to check the PPSR (Personal Property & Security Register) - make sure the website you use is .gov
    Pajero NX MY16 GLS

Comment

Yeh will definitely be getting a PPSR cert.
      The VIN may well be a legitimate Exceed VIN, just wondering if there's any other physical identifiers.

Comment

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
        Get the VIN & check with Mitsubishi.

Also, be sure to check the PPSR (Personal Property & Security Register) - make sure the website you use is .gov
        X2

Check everything if you know what I mean

If it doesn't feel right walk away from it

Andrew

Comment

A big one is the rear air con The Exceed was the only model in the NM's to get it, and it would be a right pain in the bum to retro fit later, so you would be pretty safe saying that if it has rear air con, then its more than likely an Exceed.

A VIN check is still the best way though.
          Cheers, Bundy.

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be fitted: ARB 2.5 x 2.1 awning.

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...

Comment

Besides the VIN plate obviously, where else can I find the VIN?
            Stamped on the chassis somewhere under the car maybe?

Comment

usually on there is an engine number as well..
              My Car is up for Sale => Link to Market Place

Has a current Vic roadworthy (valid from the 28/04/2016)

Comment

Originally posted by 046 View Post
                Hi all,

Looking at purchasing a 2000 Exceed, but it looks like a GLS to me.
                It has a couple Exceed features, but is missing a few too.

It has leather seats & wood accented steering wheel.
                It doesn't have any wood dash trims at all, no chrome mirrors, no chrome taillight garnishes.
                As far as I knew, all NM Exceeds had all the above, correct me if I'm wrong.

But the owner believes it is an Exceed and says the rego paper says so.

Any other way I can confirm if it's really an Exceed?
                Obviously I'm not bothered about it actually having the features or not, my worry is "worst case scenario" of mismatched identity, etc. (slim chance I know but you can never be too careful)
                Gday, the rta or 'rms' as their called these days has an app so if you know the rego number you can find out what exactly what it is.
                cheers Bryan
                2008 nt gls 3.2 smartbar, runva ewx9500 winch, airtech snorkel, ironman / ome combo lift, smartbar, 75watt hid's, lightbar, dual battery, rear worklight, bashplates, catch can 65ltr waeco, 18ltr engel, ors draws/fridge slide, 58ltr lra aux tank ,blah blah blah!

Comment

Yeh I did do an RMS check, it just says Pajero, doesn't specify which variant.
                  Yet to inspect it, when I do I'll look carefully to see what I can find.

The rear A/C is a good one.

Comment

For all the differences, have a look through these:

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...read.php?t=405
                    Cheers, Bundy.

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be fitted: ARB 2.5 x 2.1 awning.

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...

Comment

Is this a silver one in NSW ?
                      Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
                      New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

Comment

If you search the car on www.redbook.com.au it will give you the VIN prefix and list of standard features, which should help you to determine if it is legit.
                        Pajero NX MY16 GLS

Comment

I have an NM exceed 3.5L. Silver colour with the black leather seats.

Without owning the other variants. Im fairly sure the differences below.

-Exceed Badges on front fenders
                          -Wood grain type Sterring wheel.
                          -Centre console has this woodgrain effect too, but ive replaced mine from a wrecker as the plastics clips had snapped in due course. Prob a reason why the one you looking at could be different…
                          -Rear lights silver
                          -Ducted aircond in rear seats, with controls in back
                          - Electric seat (drivers)
                          -Silver rear view mirrors

I know the Green and Red colours Exceed's have white leather seating, but un-sure of the coloured trims.
                          2000 NM Exceed 3.5L
                          2008 triton 3.2L

Comment

Mine is a 2000 3.5l Exceed it has a sun/moon roof.
                            2001 NM Exceed 3.5l, SD OME springs & Dobinson shocks combo in all corners. LT245/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler.

Comment

Deja vu, I'm sure I read the same story some months ago.... Perhaps same car?
                              2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X