Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air intake cleaner (diesel)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Air intake cleaner (diesel)

    Just wondering if anyone out here has got experience with the use of an Air intake cleaner on a 3.2 diesel.

    I want to clean out the air intake as it seems full of soot so I bought a spay of Liqui Moly diesel intake system cleaner.
    I have to disconnect the hose from the air intake but right after at that point is where the air flow meter is located if I`m not mistaken. I was wondering is this will cause any issues?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrpxoxYmPsc
    Last edited by Fbossie; 02-11-14, 03:43 PM.
    2002NM 3.2DiD - Manual
    Dual batteries with redarc - K&N air filter - self made storage system with 600w inverter, 12v and usb - nudge-bar.

  • #2
    just spray the product into the intake area with the engine running above idle, do it slowly .
    NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

    Comment


    • #3
      it shouldnt, since the particulates will be going thru the valves and not the injectors.
      My Car is up for Sale => Link to Market Place

      Has a current Vic roadworthy (valid from the 28/04/2016)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Easykill1978 View Post
        it shouldnt, since the particulates will be going thru the valves and not the injectors.
        I`m aware but I was more wondering if the air flow meter will send out an error as the turbo outlet will not be connected to the air intake..?
        2002NM 3.2DiD - Manual
        Dual batteries with redarc - K&N air filter - self made storage system with 600w inverter, 12v and usb - nudge-bar.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Fbossie View Post
          Just wondering if anyone out here has got experience with the use of an Air intake cleaner on a 3.2 diesel.

          I want to clean out the air intake as it seems full of soot so I bought a spay of Liqui Moly diesel intake system cleaner.
          I have to disconnect the hose from the air intake but right after at that point is where the air flow meter is located if I`m not mistaken. I was wondering is this will cause any issues?

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrpxoxYmPsc
          Do you intend taking out the air box, and spraying this stuff down the big rubber pipe that connects to the air box - has a diameter of about 100mm ?

          If it is this one, the other end clamps directly onto the front of the turbo, so you can just disconnect it down there and pull the whole pipe out to clean it.

          Geoff
          03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by GHendo View Post
            Do you intend taking out the air box, and spraying this stuff down the big rubber pipe that connects to the air box - has a diameter of about 100mm ?

            If it is this one, the other end clamps directly onto the front of the turbo, so you can just disconnect it down there and pull the whole pipe out to clean it.

            Geoff
            Geoff, I was only planning to clean the intake manifold including EGR valve as I expect that this part will only have the serious soot built up from the EGR system. I don't expect the pluming before the EGR joins in (turbo & intercooler) to be really contaminated, but I may be wrong? I`m also not sure whether this cleaning stuff can be run through the turbo?
            The instruction video shows also to spray this stuff in before the EGR just past the air flow sensor. So I`m guessing that attached photo is the right location?
            Attached Files
            2002NM 3.2DiD - Manual
            Dual batteries with redarc - K&N air filter - self made storage system with 600w inverter, 12v and usb - nudge-bar.

            Comment


            • #7
              clean the intake and block the egr off so it doenst build ip up again.
              My Car is up for Sale => Link to Market Place

              Has a current Vic roadworthy (valid from the 28/04/2016)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Fbossie View Post
                Geoff, I was only planning to clean the intake manifold including EGR valve as I expect that this part will only have the serious soot built up from the EGR system. I don't expect the pluming before the EGR joins in (turbo & intercooler) to be really contaminated, but I may be wrong? I`m also not sure whether this cleaning stuff can be run through the turbo?
                The instruction video shows also to spray this stuff in before the EGR just past the air flow sensor. So I`m guessing that attached photo is the right location?
                Yeah, that is more like what is in the video. Easykill is right about blocking off the EGR - the local diesel specialists suggested it be done to mine years ago. Not sure what model you have - with the NP (like mine) you completely block it off, but with the later models you have to put a small hole or something in the plate - there are plenty of threads on the forum about it.

                By the way, where did you buy that stuff - the Liquid Moly ? I think that's the one I tried to buy a while ago and none of the local chaps who stock Liquid Moly have it.

                Cheers

                Geoff
                03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

                Comment


                • #9
                  http://gcg.com.au/category/workshop/...r-400ml-detail
                  My Car is up for Sale => Link to Market Place

                  Has a current Vic roadworthy (valid from the 28/04/2016)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Supercheap have it if there is one near you.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I think you may be able to order online at Super cheap.

                      Cheers,
                      Andrew.
                      Cheers,
                      Andrew.



                      2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
                      Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by GHendo View Post
                        Yeah, that is more like what is in the video. Easykill is right about blocking off the EGR - the local diesel specialists suggested it be done to mine years ago. Not sure what model you have - with the NP (like mine) you completely block it off, but with the later models you have to put a small hole or something in the plate - there are plenty of threads on the forum about it.

                        By the way, where did you buy that stuff - the Liquid Moly ? I think that's the one I tried to buy a while ago and none of the local chaps who stock Liquid Moly have it.

                        Cheers

                        Geoff
                        Thats indeed the plan Geoff & Easykill: I`ve bought a EGR blocking kit from eBay, planning to install that later. I have a 2002 NM with the 3.2 diesel, so no need for the hole in the blocking plate I believe. (something to do with a dedicated airflow meter in the EGR in later models?)

                        Just used the intake cleaner, don't notice an improvement but that may come later. Or I need to use some more stuff, one can may not be enough for carbon build up over 200000kms.

                        Bought this stuff online at GCG Turbochargers pty ltd, located in Brisbane. Supercheap auto did not have intake cleaner for diesels. And buying Liqui Moly I`m confident its proper stuff.
                        2002NM 3.2DiD - Manual
                        Dual batteries with redarc - K&N air filter - self made storage system with 600w inverter, 12v and usb - nudge-bar.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          When blocking the egr, do you blank on the RHS of the engine, LHS or both?
                          Thanks
                          Andrew.
                          Cheers,
                          Andrew.



                          2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
                          Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Herman4x4 View Post
                            When blocking the egr, do you blank on the RHS of the engine, LHS or both?
                            Thanks
                            Andrew.
                            believe both at the exhaust manifold and after the EGR valve on the air manifold.

                            Actually reminds me; I recall a post of someone stating that the hose from the EGR valve needs to be rerouted or blocked off?
                            Geoff how did you do this?
                            2002NM 3.2DiD - Manual
                            Dual batteries with redarc - K&N air filter - self made storage system with 600w inverter, 12v and usb - nudge-bar.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              OK. Thanks.
                              Cheers,
                              Andrew
                              Cheers,
                              Andrew.



                              2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
                              Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

                              Comment

                              Matched content

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X