nm petrol in tank fuel filter tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nm petrol in tank fuel filter tips

morning all, ive had a new fuel filter sitting around for quite some time that needs to be fitted this weekend. i checked the workshop manual and done a search on here and nothing seems to cover how to remove and refit one. i am hoping someone could run me through the process step by step. thanks

seems no one works on petrol motors or self services

Comment

There was a write up on it when someone got stuck I think.
      There's not to much to it, move rear seat remove 5 or so screws for the cover plate but then I cant remember the rest, I know when the pump/filter is out is easy to change.
      Sorry I could not find any pics.
      Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
      New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

Comment

Lots of people work on Petrol's. You just need to give them more than 11 hours to respond.

There are two plates to get through - the top one reveals a second. I recommend hosing off the top of the tank once revealed if it is covered in crap. Pull the wiring harness from the pump and then crank the engine to release any line pressure. You need to push the fuel lines in to their connectors to release the locking collar, then remove. When the filter and pump are removed the filter change is fairly straightforward but don't forget the O ring.

Cheers - Pat
        16 Mitsu NX Pajero GLX
        10 Ford LV Focus ST / XR5

Comment

When you get to the top of the tank use some crc and let it soak in as you don't want to snap off the small studs that come out of the fuel tank.

As mentioned before there is a good write up somewhere on the forum.
          2011 White NT GL - Goes fast because it is an ex cop car

The usual crap : Smartbar , Winch, Bushskinz , Traction control mod with rear diff lock,2 inch lovells, raw 46mm monotube shocks, 20c egr fix, cheap arse ebay roof bars. too much rubbish and tools in the back. Sand on floor mats.

Comment

Credit goes to the person who did this write up.
            Hope this help.
            James
            Attached Files
            2001 NM Exceed 3.5l, SD OME springs & Dobinson shocks combo in all corners. LT245/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler.

Comment

Good information. I had to rename the file from .php to .pdf to open it just in case someone else is having trouble.

Comment

anyone replace the big rubber seal under the inspection plate?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X