nm fuel tank capacity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nm fuel tank capacity

hi there does any one know the approxamate fuel in the tank when the fuel gage is quarter , half , three quarter? thanks

Hi zacc,
    Our fuel guage is very accurate, within a couple of litres for each quarter; 90 litre tank so half on the guage is very close to 45 litres. The low fuel light comes on early with about 12 litres left and the needle on the guage will go below the empty mark, when the light first came on I initially thought the last quarter on the guage was small but it's not.
    Hope this helps,
    Sandgroper.
    NS VRX DiD manual, family pack, tint, 2.5t tow, Smartbar, Firestone airbags, Vision X HID driving lights.

Comment

i ask this as i have just done a long trip on fuel and used under half a tank and currently the trip meter is on 345klm . this is for a 3.5 auto . when i say under half the needle is about 3 thickneses above half mark

Comment

Mines an nj so prolly not comparable, but i get about 350 out of the first half of the tank, i get 550 out of the complete tank, at half it takes nearly 60ltrs will its full, so not linear.

Comment

I think that the NM tank is a bit funny in terms of being able to fill it properly every time. I'm sure that sometimes it doesn't take as much as it ought to, especially on a hot day. No matter how careful I am with slow fill towards the end, and how many clicks of the hose I give it. Maybe it also depends on whether the servo forecourt is level or on a slope???

So I guess trying to assess consumption on the basis of a gauge reading is pretty rough and ready, same goes for assessing gauge accuracy on the basis of how far it's moved for a certain distance travelled - I wouldn't rely on it to any extent.

Gaz
          2010 MY 2011 VR-X V6. Stock standard.

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.

Comment

Originally posted by zacc View Post
            i ask this as i have just done a long trip on fuel and used under half a tank and currently the trip meter is on 345klm . this is for a 3.5 auto . when i say under half the needle is about 3 thickneses above half mark
            That's possible. I have an NM (3.5 auto), and the gauge is pretty accurate, although the amount you can fill it can vary a bit depending upon the angle the car is at. 360km from half a tank is 12.5l/100km, which is not too hard to get on a long trip (without stuff on the roof, and especially if you're not in 110km/h zones).

Recently did a trip from Sydney to the snow and back and averaged just under 12.5, and that includes a lot of 110km/h freeway.

Comment

The trick to filling an NM is to find a servo on a bit of a slope so the nose of the car is down slightly. If it's up a bit you can't get the last 10-15 litres in.
              Sandgroper.
              NS VRX DiD manual, family pack, tint, 2.5t tow, Smartbar, Firestone airbags, Vision X HID driving lights.

Comment

Hi
                I agree with the other comments that the guage is quite accurate. Having tracked kilometres as we crossed Aus.
                I also have found on emptying the tanks on 2 occasions is it holds 92 litres which is comforting to know you can get all the fuel out plus a few litres.
                Jason

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X