Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing th Oil Pressure Switch, NP DID

Hello All,
    My new beast has decided to leave black dots wherever you park. This has been traced to the oil pressure switch mounted on th block behind the turbo. Has anyone replaced their's? I think I just need to take off oil filter to access it, or at worst the oil return from the turbo as well. Any help is appreciate. Also need to buy one (maybee orrig Mitsubishi) Repco and Bursons don't have it.
    2003 NP DID GLS Auto, 50mm Iron Man Suspension, ARB BBar, Chinese winch, custom fridge/equipment rack, Rhino RoofBars and alum TGM roof rack, UHF CB, Bridgstone D697 265/70-16, Safari Snorkel, Polyair

PM sent on service manual instructions
    --
    Marquis
    SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

Originally posted by bernardpotatoe View Post
      Hello All,
      My new beast has decided to leave black dots wherever you park. This has been traced to the oil pressure switch mounted on th block behind the turbo. Has anyone replaced their's? I think I just need to take off oil filter to access it, or at worst the oil return from the turbo as well. Any help is appreciate. Also need to buy one (maybee orrig Mitsubishi) Repco and Bursons don't have it.
      Surely, this is still a warranty issue.

Comment

no new beast, as in, new to me, privately bought to upgrade 99NL, is actually 2003 NP
        Bernard
        2003 NP DID GLS Auto, 50mm Iron Man Suspension, ARB BBar, Chinese winch, custom fridge/equipment rack, Rhino RoofBars and alum TGM roof rack, UHF CB, Bridgstone D697 265/70-16, Safari Snorkel, Polyair

Comment

Mine is leaving the same dots... Same place. Care to send me the same PM Marquis?

Comment

oil leak

I had same problem
            Cost $120 from Portside Mitsubishi Adelaide to Fix.
            Not bad - first problem in 5 years

Comment

Finaly changed switch, $35 for switch, $11.95 for sidchrome 26mm socket (needs to have a very thin wall to get over switch and not hit block), 1/2" to 1/4" adaptor and extensions to allow to undo the stupid thing. Took ages to do because very awkward to get to (no room between turbo and block). been away for the weekend, so haven't even confirmed if its still leaking!

Comment

$35 isn't too bad, had to replace the one in my V8 commodore, not because it was leaking but had failed and was bringing the engine light on, $120, just for the switch, another $20 for a fancy socket, shaped a bit like a clover leaf. And they are a very common thing that fails, sometimes I think these bit's are designed to fail.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X