ECU adaptive learning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECU adaptive learning

I've noticed a pattern with my car, that when disconnect the battery, it runs a bit better afterwards. Over a period of time (2 weeks) it slowly degrades in perofrmance.

My question is, Why?

My therory is that one the computers is being reset back the default settings.
    And thereafter an adaptive learning algorithum is making it run worse, not better. Can this happen?

I know the engine ECU has an idle learning feature.

Does anyone know if the gen3 DiD engine ECU, fuel injection pump computer, or auto trans computers have any kind of adaptive learning features?

Anyone have any other theories?
    2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-mate
    2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too

Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate or lockup-mate now available for Pajero NS+, Triton MN,MQ, Challenger PB,PC, Prado 150

Your auto trans should have INVECS II adaptive learning.

I know my trans will "adapt" its learning throughout one day. Trying to keep the trans in low 2nd (to keep the torque converter manually locked for long steep climbs) will cause the programming to lock me out of 2nd - it won't upshift from 1st until revs are quite high, then very quickly goes to 3rd, and will drop from 3rd straight back to 1st. Once back to more moderate terrain, it takes an hour or two to return to normal behaviour.

So - I don't think your trans would take 2 weeks to make a change to the way things work.
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 Toyo MT, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Apparently the NM-NP does have Adaptive Learning.
      http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...25712B001787AF

I find the same with the auto in the Challenger, which I believe it is the same Jatco 5 speed with the INVECS II control system, the gear changes seem to better placed after a trip then deteriorates around the city. In the Challengers AT ECU there is a battery backup for the EPROM so disconnecting the main battery does not clear the Adaptive Learning. I have often wondered what would happen if I disconnected the AT ECU battery, would the Adaptive Learning be disabled? I seem to recall that the ZF auto trans would wipe the Adaptive Learning history every time the trans was used in tiptronic mode, be nice if this happened to the Jatco. The Challenger uses the last 200 gear shifts as a basis for the history of the Adaptive Learning.

cheers, OJ.
      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
      MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?p=22582
        2002 NM 3.5 ltr, LPG Auto

Comment

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
          Your auto trans should have INVECS II adaptive learning.

I know my trans will "adapt" its learning throughout one day. Trying to keep the trans in low 2nd (to keep the torque converter manually locked for long steep climbs) will cause the programming to lock me out of 2nd - it won't upshift from 1st until revs are quite high, then very quickly goes to 3rd, and will drop from 3rd straight back to 1st. Once back to more moderate terrain, it takes an hour or two to return to normal behaviour.

So - I don't think your trans would take 2 weeks to make a change to the way things work.
          The relearn procedure in the above thread talks about memorising over 40 key starts, which would be about 2-3 weeks.

Also the relearn procedure is aimed at Learn idling and transmission.

I always find the car will run a bit different (power wise) each morning keystart.

Im curious if the auto could cause this. I was think more the engine.
          2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-mate
          2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too

Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate or lockup-mate now available for Pajero NS+, Triton MN,MQ, Challenger PB,PC, Prado 150

Comment

Is this relearn the same for petrol engines? I think I'm having a similar issue
            2008 Ns vrx 3.8 v6

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X