Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NP Auto service

Hi Guys
    Has anyone changed the filter in the NP Auto, I'm just touching the 90K mark and would like to change the oil & Filter ( the book only lists oil) the vehicle is used as a tow wagon so the auto works hard.
    Muzza
    Muzza
    2014 NW VRX , Alloy ECB bar, Poly air bags, EGR fixed. EDS scan gauge, lockup mate.
    2003 NP DID GLS retired and gone to a good home
    2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana

Changing the oil filter is easy. You will have to remove the bash plate: a few hex bolts. And you will need a filter wrench of course - readily available from auto suppliers if you dont have one.
    Magnatec oil came out as highly favourable from previous posts - but that is a long debate. Also, forum opinion held that filter change should go hand in hand with oil change. Cant argue with that. OEM filters from MMA were price competitive - or you can go after market from Repco.
    DiD WA
    '05 NP, ARB bar, CB, Magnum winch, 2" Kings, spots, racks, Coopers, underbody plate, aux tank..

Comment

[QUOTE=didwa;2540]Changing the oil filter is easy. You will have to remove the bash plate: a few hex bolts. And you will need a filter wrench of course - readily available from auto suppliers if you dont have one.
      Sorry I may not have made myself clear it's the AUTO I'm referring to
      Muzza
      Muzza
      2014 NW VRX , Alloy ECB bar, Poly air bags, EGR fixed. EDS scan gauge, lockup mate.
      2003 NP DID GLS retired and gone to a good home
      2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana

Comment

PM sent on service manual pages.

For the AUTO there has been previous discussion on the forum.

Remove the covers, drop the oil, remove the auto tray and replace the filter.
        Install the auto tray and proceed with the normal replacement of ATF.

Recommend using MMA auto trans fluid only. You will need about 14 to 16L to replace the oil properly. (Go a spare few hundred for the ATF?)
        --
        Marquis
        SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X