Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no horn blips with central locking

Hi all,
    Have an NM 2002 3.5. Also have a 2001 Magna exec. On the Magna when I try to lock and a door is open the horn blips.

On my pajero, nothing. No doors lock and you wouldn't know it if you were walking away. Is the horn supposed to blip?

Thanks, John
    Cheers, John
    Auto Electrician 35+ years
    NM but with tricky electrical setups of course.
    And that's the wank wank wank and more wank factor out of the way.

It is possible that the system can be 'muted' and all you will get (if you normally have it) is indicator flashes.

I have not noticed what happens when you try and lock my parent's car (NL)with a door not shut properly when using the mute- it may still give a blast.
    Not having an NM and presuming its a mitsu-fit system, theres no specifics I can give. Try flicking through the manual to see whether or not you can silence the horn.
    '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
    Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.

Comment

NM/NP Paj does not blip the horn - only flashes the indicators.
      16 Mitsu NX Pajero GLX
      10 Ford LV Focus ST / XR5

Comment

John, that's what my NM does. Basically if you don't see the indicators flash it hasn't worked !

Comment

The Magna has an alarm - that blips the horn to tell you that you have not locked the car (because a door is open). I have an Exceed NP - it has no alarm, lights flash, no horn blip!

Comment

Now if I remember right the alarms can be set with the horn as well by Mitsu dealers. Just has to be connected up to the diagnostic and programmed in. Check with a dealer!
            Dave
            NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
            Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

My NP 'blips' but not using the horn.
              Then again, I had a car alarm (Mitsu ??) fitted
              Peter
              2018 QE Pajero Sport Exceed.

4WD History: 2011 MN Triton GLX-R. 2004 NP GLS DiD. 2002 Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL. Learnt in a 1980 Ford F100.

Comment

Thanks all.
                Cheers, John
                Auto Electrician 35+ years
                NM but with tricky electrical setups of course.
                And that's the wank wank wank and more wank factor out of the way.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X