16x8" wheels on NP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16x8" wheels on NP?

My NP GLX has 16x8" wheels fitted but I have noticed that the Mitsubishi alloys are 16x7".

Are these wheels to wide?

They don't rub on anything but the tyre tread is only just inside the front gaurds and it only has 235/80 tyres fitted and i'm hoping to fit a set of 265/70 tyres. Will I need to get a set of 16x7" wheels

Thanks for any help,
    Steve.
    NP 3.5L
    16x7 ROH RTX Wheels
    265/75/16 MT FCII's

I've been measuring the width of the wheels but I will have to wait to get the tyres off befor I can measure the actual width.

What are the tallest tyres that can be fitted to my NP without rubbing on anything and what would I need to do to correct the speedo ?
    NP 3.5L
    16x7 ROH RTX Wheels
    265/75/16 MT FCII's

Comment

235/80 seems a small tyre for 8" wheels. I thought they should have either 265 or 275.
      You can check the speedo with a GPS. I have used this method quite ok to settle arguements with other drivers who run non standard tyre/wheel sizes. You can have 6 vehicles & all show a different speedo reading at 100kph.
      It works for me!!

2011 NT. Now to transfer dual batteries, fridge slide, uhf & slider plates from previous NP.
      Gulf pop top outback caravan.Solar panels, off road hitch, bayonet fitting for outside cooking & yamaha EF2000.

Comment

I have a set of cooper atr with 10,000 klms on them for sale. I am in QLD. Would sell for 250 each.
        2005 PLATINUM EDITION 3.8 V6, COOPER ST'S LOVELL SPRINGS, BILSTEIN SHOCKS, ARB WINCH BAR, MAGNUM WINCH, LIGHTFORCE SPOTTIES,TJM BASH PLATES, SUMP GUARD, TRANSMISSION GUARD, DUAL BATTERY, 60 LTR TRAIL BLAZER FRIDGE

Comment

Originally posted by vinceb View Post
          235/80 seems a small tyre for 8" wheels. I thought they should have either 265 or 275.
          You can check the speedo with a GPS. I have used this method quite ok to settle arguements with other drivers who run non standard tyre/wheel sizes. You can have 6 vehicles & all show a different speedo reading at 100kph.
          It works for me!!
          The wheels measured approx 8" from outside lip to outside of the opposite lip so it seems the wheels might actually be 7" ????

I want to get a different set of wheels in 16x7" but I'm having trouble working out which wheels will fit.

Anyone have any idea's???
          NP 3.5L
          16x7 ROH RTX Wheels
          265/75/16 MT FCII's

Comment

Tyres

I run Cooper STT in LT245/75R16 on my NP and aftermarket 16X7 steel rims this keeps the tyres in the legal range of 15% (I believe is the requirement) of the OEM rolling circumference.
            NX Pajero, Duel Batteries (under bonnet), Factory Nudge Bar, Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, TowPro Elite, Icom IC-450, Cooper ST-Maxx Tyres (off road), AutoMate, towing 2015 Vista Crossover XL.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Paj View Post
              I run Cooper STT in LT245/75R16 on my NP and aftermarket 16X7 steel rims this keeps the tyres in the legal range of 15% (I believe is the requirement) of the OEM rolling circumference.
              In NSW it's no more than 15mm of the OE rolling circumference.
              Retired - 2001 NM Exceed V6, 2" Lovell/Bilstein Lift, Wildcat Headers and Custom 2.5" Lukey Ultra Flo System, Milford barrier, Cooper HTs and GY MT/Rs, TJM sump and transmission bashplates

Comment

I would check your rims carefully if I were you. The measurement to take is not the overall width, but the width between the rim flanges. A 7" rim is typically about 8" overall width, but 7" between the flange. My 235R8516 BFGoodrich are designed for use on 6.5" wide rim optimum, but 6 and 7" permissable. You might find you are running an illegal rim/type combo, depending on what brand of tyre and if you actually have 8" wide rims. (nearly 9" overall width).
                NM GL Diesel (Tourer)
                NS Pajero (Tar Baby)

Comment

Originally posted by Old Paj View Post
                  What Brand of wheels are you running?
                  NP 3.5L
                  16x7 ROH RTX Wheels
                  265/75/16 MT FCII's

Comment

Originally posted by 2800ITDNM View Post
                    I would check your rims carefully if I were you. The measurement to take is not the overall width, but the width between the rim flanges. A 7" rim is typically about 8" overall width, but 7" between the flange. My 235R8516 BFGoodrich are designed for use on 6.5" wide rim optimum, but 6 and 7" permissable. You might find you are running an illegal rim/type combo, depending on what brand of tyre and if you actually have 8" wide rims. (nearly 9" overall width).
                    The overall width is approx 8" so they are probably 7" wheels. The tyres are 235/80/16 Bridgestone Dueler H/T.

I'm hoping to put on a set of 265/70/16 Cooper ST's but I'm worried that the tyre will stick out the sides of the front gaurds.... the 235's are only just inside the gaurds. Maybe I should look into putting on the small flares that the GLS/exceed use.

I emailed ROH about any of there wheels that would fit and they said they have no wheels suitabe for the pajero
                    Last edited by exRevHead; 29-08-07, 08:53 PM.
                    NP 3.5L
                    16x7 ROH RTX Wheels
                    265/75/16 MT FCII's

Comment

here is a pic of the wheels - they were on it when i bought it and I've not been abe to figure out the brand name:
                      Attached Files
                      NP 3.5L
                      16x7 ROH RTX Wheels
                      265/75/16 MT FCII's

Comment

Some NM GLX came standard with 265/70R16 on Factory Alloy 16X7 Wheels, so there is no problem with that combo, but it is unlikely that your wheels are the standard 46mm offset. They probably will stick out the guards a bit , therefor spraying more rocks, mud etc towards your non flare guards.
                        NM GL Diesel (Tourer)
                        NS Pajero (Tar Baby)

Comment

all rims have their size stamped on the inside of the rim
                          1st month 2004 GLS Pajero 3.2 diesel, auto, ecb bullbar, compact ralley 4000's, towbar,Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Pirelli ATR's,Homemade Bash Plates, Homemade Diff breathers.

Comment

Originally posted by 2800ITDNM View Post
                            Some NM GLX came standard with 265/70R16 on Factory Alloy 16X7 Wheels, so there is no problem with that combo, but it is unlikely that your wheels are the standard 46mm offset. They probably will stick out the guards a bit , therefor spraying more rocks, mud etc towards your non flare guards.
                            Would I need the flares if I had the correct offset 16x7's with 265's ?
                            NP 3.5L
                            16x7 ROH RTX Wheels
                            265/75/16 MT FCII's

Comment

Originally posted by Pathy View Post
                              all rims have their size stamped on the inside of the rim
                              I didn't know that .... I'll check it out, thanks mate

this place says they have steel wheels to fit the pajero so I dropped them an email - I'll let everyone know what I get back from them.

http://www.wombatoffroad.com.au/wheels.php
                              NP 3.5L
                              16x7 ROH RTX Wheels
                              265/75/16 MT FCII's

Comment

Working...
                              X