Rear sand scooper... I mean bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear sand scooper... I mean bumper

Hi, I couldn't find a post about a mod on rear bumper (NP model) to avoid it from being ripped apart when the rearend scrapes the ground. It has a picture on the mods.
    I wonder though if anybody has done "simpler" job to avoid the bumper being ripped apart from it's place when you go uphill let's say on a sand dune and the rearend scoops enough sand?

Thanks and regards,

Hi Jonathan.
    Have a look at a post further down the page on rear bar for NP Pajero.Mrbitchi(John) has a rear bar fitted & it was made in Brisbane. If interested I have the fellows phone No.
    Vince

2011 NT. Now to transfer dual batteries, fridge slide, uhf & slider plates from previous NP.
    Gulf pop top outback caravan.Solar panels, off road hitch, bayonet fitting for outside cooking & yamaha EF2000.

Comment

This is the thread you are looking for...

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...read.php?t=359
      Retired - 2001 NM Exceed V6, 2" Lovell/Bilstein Lift, Wildcat Headers and Custom 2.5" Lukey Ultra Flo System, Milford barrier, Cooper HTs and GY MT/Rs, TJM sump and transmission bashplates

Comment

Thanks

Hi Vince and Endorphin, thanks for the info. Somehow I missed that part when searching around.

Best regards

Comment

No probs. Let us know if you decide to have one made like John's
          Retired - 2001 NM Exceed V6, 2" Lovell/Bilstein Lift, Wildcat Headers and Custom 2.5" Lukey Ultra Flo System, Milford barrier, Cooper HTs and GY MT/Rs, TJM sump and transmission bashplates

Comment

I cant tell you how many times I have had my rear hitch drag across stuff. If it werent for that I would have no bumper left. And once I used the Bedliner on the rear bumper it doesnt show scratches if it drags now. And its pretty flexible so I dont worry to much.

Eventually when I look in my rearview mirror and see my plastic bumper laying there I will get a more slim metal one built.
            03 NP, 34" tires, Fully skiplated, Custom rocksliders, custom winch mount, OME HD springs/shocks, and Aeroflow exhaust, Locked Front and Rear.

Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

Hi Jonathan.
              The fellow who makes the rear bar(Arthur) also makes a mean set of steel side steps & Intercooler plate

2011 NT. Now to transfer dual batteries, fridge slide, uhf & slider plates from previous NP.
              Gulf pop top outback caravan.Solar panels, off road hitch, bayonet fitting for outside cooking & yamaha EF2000.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X