suspension upgrade help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspension upgrade help

Hi, now its the tax return time of year I'm looking to raise the suspension on the Pajero. any thoughts on what to do first, which combination is best?

do i go for a big lift with the suspension, or a combination of body lift kit and suspension raise.

all comments will be greatly appreciated.

Richard

could a moderator move this into the generation 2 part of the forum please
    Last edited by tas_smurf; 01-09-07, 07:18 AM.
    97 NK

fitted king springs & bilstein shocks to me DID NP pajero.I towed a camper trailer out to Tiboburra last July & the new suspension handled the roads with ease.
    There are cheaper suspension kits available but I went for Bilsteins after researching other off road forums.

2011 NT. Now to transfer dual batteries, fridge slide, uhf & slider plates from previous NP.
    Gulf pop top outback caravan.Solar panels, off road hitch, bayonet fitting for outside cooking & yamaha EF2000.

Comment

Tas smurf I have fitted 3" Lovells springs & Bilstein shocks, it is hard to say what is the "best" everyones expecations of handling & ride are differant.
      This lift has not compromised the comfort & the handling is way better than before.

Depending on the terrian than your are 4x4ing {rock Hopping} you may need a body lift kit, so far I've been over some good tracks & I would consider a body lift a an over kill & waist of money, you can decide if you need a further lift later on.
      Hope this helps; Gary
      Dual Battery
      80Ltr Waeco
      91Ltr Longrange Tank
      3" Lovells/Bilstein
      3” Exhaust
      Winch
      NP 05 DID

Comment

Originally posted by Garygls View Post
        Tas smurf I have fitted 3" Lovells springs & Bilstein shocks, it is hard to say what is the "best" everyones expecations of handling & ride are differant.
        This lift has not compromised the comfort & the handling is way better than before.

Depending on the terrian than your are 4x4ing {rock Hopping} you may need a body lift kit, so far I've been over some good tracks & I would consider a body lift a an over kill & waist of money, you can decide if you need a further lift later on.
        Hope this helps; Gary
        Gary

Which Lovell spring did you get for your front and rear?
        Front = CFR-90EHD or CFR-90HD?
        Rear = CRR-92C or CRR-92HDC

tony

Comment

Tony Re:Lovells, Front=CFR 90HD
          REAR=CRR 92HD

Cheers Gary
          Dual Battery
          80Ltr Waeco
          91Ltr Longrange Tank
          3" Lovells/Bilstein
          3” Exhaust
          Winch
          NP 05 DID

Comment

Hope this helps; Gary
            GaryGLS,

How much did your suspension upgrade cost if you don't mind me asking. Also, have you had any issues with low clearances in your everyday driving???

Milhouse
            Milhouse

2005 GLS DiD auto, bog stock at this stage (but planning to change that)

Comment

Tony Re:Lovells, Front=CFR 90HD
              REAR=CRR 92HD

Cheers Gary

Gary

Interesting combination. Front is normal Raised height but rear is HD raised height and you got 3" raise.

I have a patrol model and will have the same rear springs but the front I am thinking of the CFR-90HD (raised HD ) instead of standard raised height.

tony

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X